This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|501(c)(3) non-profit organization|
Number of locations
|New York City, Chicago, Washington, DC, and Los Angeles|
|United States nonprofits|
Number of employees
The Taproot Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that engages design, marketing, IT, strategic management, and human resources professionals in pro bono service projects to build the infrastructure of other nonprofit organizations.
Taproot Foundation's mission is to "drive social change by leading, mobilizing, and engaging professionals in pro bono service." Its work focuses around building a pro bono marketplace that, like philanthropy, is large, transparent, professional and accessible. The organization was founded in 2001 by Aaron Hurst. The current President and CEO is Liz Hamburg.
Through Taproot's Service Grant program, thousands of business professionals have assisted nonprofits with capacity-building projects since 2001. Taproot also provides training to nonprofits on how to take advantage of pro bono services. Its Advisory Services Practice assists Fortune 500 companies in building high-impact pro bono programs. In 2014, Taproot launched an online marketplace—taprootplus.org—that directly matches skilled volunteers with nonprofits for shorter-term engagements.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, the Taproot Foundation has additional offices in New York City, Chicago, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles. Taproot Foundation is rated four stars (out of four) by Charity Navigator.
- Community Outreach Archived 2010-12-08 at the Wayback Machine "Chicago American Marketing Association", Accessed March 18, 2010
- "Taproot Foundation Announces Pro Bono Marketplace - The NonProfit TimesThe NonProfit Times". Retrieved 2015-07-07.
- Social Capitalist Awards-Taproot Foundation, Fast Company, December, 2005
- "New York Nonprofit Media: Branding on a Budget". nynmedia.com. Retrieved 2015-07-07.
- Scott, Ryan. "Professionalizing Pro Bono Volunteering". Retrieved 2015-07-07.
- Roberts, Lee (2006-11-13). "Younger Generations Lend a Hand in Their Own Way". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2015-07-07.
- "Taproot foundation hires angel investor Liz Hamburg as CEO - San Francisco Business Times". San Francisco Business Times. Retrieved 2015-07-07.
- Scott, Ryan. "A Skills-Based Revolutionary: Taproot's Aaron Hurst". Retrieved 2015-07-07.
- "Taproot Foundation Starts Online Matchmaker for Charities Seeking Pro Bono Help". Retrieved 2015-07-07.
- Tugend, Alina (2009-03-14). "Even Pro Bono Work Requires Doing Your Homework First". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2015-07-07.
- Taproot Foundation, Charity Navigator, Accessed August 16, 2012.