|Birth name||Tara Cynara Newley|
12 October 1963 |
New York City, USA
|Associated acts||E-Zee Possee|
Tara Cynara Newley (born 12 October 1963) is an English singer.
Newley was born in New York City. She is the daughter of actress Joan Collins and actor/composer/singer Anthony Newley, and sister to Sacha Newley. She studied at Boston University School of Fine Arts and graduated in 1987. She returned to London when her parents' seven-year marriage ended in 1970 and her mother married the head of Apple Records, Ron Kass. That marriage produced a half-sister, Katie.
Newley was a television presenter in the early 1990s and, with a recording titled "Breathing Is E-Zee", made #72 on the UK Singles chart in 1991. She was engaged in the mid-1990s to John Bramwell, lead singer of I Am Kloot, whom she met when they were both presenting a show on Granada TV called "Fresh". She was married to the French composer Michael Adam with whom she had a daughter, Miel Celeste, born in 1998. The couple are now divorced. She later had a son she named Weston.
Newley appears in a role based on herself but named Thumbelina in the movie written and directed by her father, Can Hieronymus Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and Find True Happiness?.
In 2006 she moved to England and now lives in Somerset, just outside Weston-Super-Mare. 
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 175. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- 'My Mum is now my complete idol' The Daily Telegraph 2001
- Newley on the Film 4 website
- 'Sex and the City? The country is FAR racier!: Her mum Joan Collins says rural life is SO dull, darling, but that's poppycock, insists TARA NEWLEY' Daily Mail 2012
- 'Joan Collins nabs daughter in dawn swoop' Daily Mail 2012