|Born||Tara Lyn Subkoff
December 10, 1972
|Years active||1993 - present|
Tara Subkoff (born December 10, 1972) is an American artist, actress, and fashion designer. Tara has acted in over 30 films, including As Good As It Gets, All Over Me, Last Days of Disco, The Notorious Bettie Page and Foxcatcher.
Tara began the fashion line "Imitation of Christ"[clarification needed] in 2000 with Matt Damhave, enlisting Chloe Sevigny as Creative Director. Every piece was sewn by hand and recycled from vintage, thrift and Goodwill shops. Tara created pieces of wearable art with her fashion shows which garnered her a cult following.
Tara has shown at the Paris Couture Shows, and she created a ten-day installation and continuous performance piece at the Carlton Festival of the Arts in São Paulo, Brazil. She also conceptualized a performance piece in a group show curated by Dimitri Antonitsis in Hydra, Greece.
Tara recently created a large performance/installation piece at the Bortolami Gallery in New York City. The performance consisted of over 50 women aged 7 to 70 years.
- When the Bough Breaks (1993) – Jordan Thomas/ Jennifer Lynn Eben
- Freeway (1996) – Sharon
- True Crime (1996) – Liz McConnell
- Black Circle Boys (1997) – Chloe
- All Over Me (1997) – Ellen
- Lover Girl (1997) – Jake Ferrari/ "Candy"
- As Good as It Gets (1997) - Cafe 24 Waitress
- The Last Days of Disco (1998) – Holly
- Mascara (1999) – Daphne
- American Pie (1999) – (uncredited) College Girl
- The Cell (2000) - Julia Hickson
- Teenage Caveman (2002) – Sarah
- Undermind (2003) – Anya
- Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie (2004) – Mouse
- Tanner Hall (2009) – Gwen
- Abandoned (2010) – Nurse Anna
- Future/Perfect (2013)
- Foxcatcher (2014)
- Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman (1994) – Jennifer
- Northern Exposure (1994) – Maggie, age 15
- Kindred: The Embraced (1996) – Cash's girl
- Blondie's "Good Boys" video (2004)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tara Subkoff.|