Tarak Ben Ammar
Tarak Ben Ammar (Arabic: طارق بن عمّار) (born on June 12, 1949 in Tunis, Tunisia) is an international movie producer and distributor, (the owner of French production and distribution company Quinta Communications.) He is famous for his interest in artistic movies, especially when they are related to Mediterranean culture or require North African locations. His producing credits include the Franco Zeffirelli film adaptation of La Traviata and Claude Chabrol's Death Rite. On 19 May 2010, he announced a "strategic relationship" with the Weinstein Company.
Ben Ammar became well known in France at the beginning of 2004 when he decided to distribute The Passion of The Christ after everybody else declined. He appeared on television talk shows, defending the movie. He is also known as the advisor of international investor Prince Al Waleed Bin Talal Bin Abdul Aziz, and French businessman Vincent Bolloré. He was raised in the Muslim religion.
- "The Weinstein Company Enters Into an Agreement With Goldman, Sachs & Co". Prnewswire.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-08-25.
- "Tarak Ben Ammar: The Great Negotiator". Videoageinternational.com. Retrieved 2011-08-25.
- « Le producteur Tarak Ben Ammar: "Je n’ai jamais signé de pétition en faveur de Ben Ali" », Les Inrocks, 08 février 2011
- http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/leute/0,1518,632788,00.html Der Spiegel - article about the death of Michael Jackson: "Familie und Freunde geben Ärzten Mitschuld an Jacksons Tod"
- "Interview: Tarak Ben Ammar - Arab Film Producer and Distributor". Arabian Gazette. 2012-07-31. Retrieved 2017-08-26.
- "Everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham's 'girlfriend' Sonia Ben Ammar". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2017-08-26.
|This article about a film producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|