This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Residence||Waynesville, North Carolina, U.S.|
Katherine Kulakov (m. 2018)
|Created by||Taras Kulakov|
|Total views||2.4 billion|
|Subscriber and view counts updated as of |
Dec 26, 2018.
Taras Kulakov (Russian: Тара́с Кулако́в, IPA: [tɐˈras kʊlɐˈkof]), better known as CrazyRussianHacker, is a Ukrainian born Russian-American YouTuber. He produces videos on "life hacks", scientific experiments (or in other terms: science experiment demonstration, science demonstrations), testing, with the catchphrase "Safety is number one priority." His YouTube channel, "CrazyRussianHacker", created in 2012, has over 2.4 billion views and 10 million subscribers (as of October 2018) and is one of the platform's top 200 channels. He has an estimated net worth of around $7 million. He also has a second YouTube channel, "Taras Kul", with over 3 million subscribers (as of February 2018). His third YouTube channel, "Taras - Kul Farm" has over 262 thousand subscribers (As of November 2018).
Kulakov was born in the Ukrainian SSR (now Ukraine). His mother was Russian, and his father was Ukrainian. He has been a swimmer since 1996 and joined the Ukrainian Olympic team as a professional swimmer.
In a Q&A video, he clarified that the last place he lived before moving to the United States was the city of Donetsk, Ukraine. However, he grew up speaking Russian and therefore considers himself Russian.
He has two brothers and three sisters as stated in his September, 2016 Q&A video. He also claims to have a half brother and a half sister as well.
He is currently living with his wife Katherine and his pets, including two Siberian Huskies named Luke and Hugo, along with an Alaskan Malamute named Gus. 
Kulakov is a very active YouTuber, releasing a video per 1–3 days. As of January 2018, he has over 10 million subscribers for his CrazyRussianHacker channel. His videos range from life hacks to chemiluminescence in action. He is known for his sense of humour and Russian accent. He created his first channel, "origami768", on October 14, 2009, for origami tutorial videos. Later, he renamed this channel to "Taras Kul", which he uses as a second channel, and currently has over 3 million subscribers. His second attempt at YouTube fame came with "SlomoLaboratory" later renamed "Slow Mo Lab", alongside his brother Dima. His popularity skyrocketed with his third channel, CrazyRussianHacker, in 2012. In 2014 he started another YouTube channel, where he posted gun videos. With the new YouTube community guidelines starting mid-2017, he saw himself forced to delete the gun content. He renamed this channel to "Taras - Kul Farm" and has regularly been posting videos about his pets for his 253 thousand subscribers on this channel. As of 2018, he has over 10 million subscribers and has released more than 1000 videos on CrazyRussianHacker and continues to maintain the Taras Kul channel with additional content.
In one of the experiments on his CrazyRussianHacker channel, Kulakov demonstrated the unique properties of ferrofluid by interacting it with oil infused nano-scale iron oxide particles. The video also highlighted the magnetic fields created by the neodymium magnet.
- CrazyRussianHacker (2016-09-22), Q&A – CrazyRussianHacker, retrieved 2016-10-22
- "Crazy Russian Hacker: 'Safety Is Number-One Priority!'". RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- "YouTube Top 200 Most Subscribed Channels List – Top by Subscribers". Vidstatsx.com. Retrieved 2016-01-10.
- "Taras and David Kulakov". CouchSurfing. 2012.
- "Taras Kulakov – USMS Swimmer". U.S. Masters Swimming.
- "Who is the mysterious Crazy Russian Hacker?". Business Insider. 2015-08-08. Retrieved 2016-01-10.
- "Instagram post by Taras Kul • Dec 17, 2013 at 2:59am UTC". Instagram. Retrieved 2017-05-13.
- "Crazy Russian Hacker realtime subscribers". subscribercount.live.
- "Taras Kul" Taras Kulakov's channel on YouTube
- "slow mo lab" Taras Kulakov's channel on YouTube
- Taras Kulakov's channel on YouTube
- "Crazy Russian Hacker Demos Ferrofluid's Strange Magnetic Dance | Nerdist". Nerdist. 2016-05-02. Retrieved 2018-02-28.
- http://tbd.com/shows/5b36930961bda50006274fb5 - accessed December 23, 2018
- https://web.archive.org/web/20180801063134/http://tbd.com/schedule - The Laboratory With CRH airs every Wednesday; episode 3 aired August 1, 2018, so two weeks (14 days) ago the first episode aired. 14 days prior is July 18, 2018; List of programs broadcast by TBD also states that July 18, 2018 is the original air date of episode 1.
- Taras Kulakov's channel on YouTube
- "Crazy Russian Hacker: 'Safety Is Number-One Priority!'". RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty.