This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Taras Vladimirovich Kulakov
|Born||Taras Vladimirovich Kulakov|
March 11, 1987
|Residence||Canton, North Carolina, U.S.|
|Height||6’7” (2.01 m)|
Katherine Kulakov (m. 2018)
|Created by||Taras Kulakov|
|Total views||2.69 billion|
June 9, 2019
Taras Vladimirovich Kulakov (Russian: Тара́с Влади́мирович Кулако́в Russian pronunciation: [tɐˈras kʊlɐˈkof]; Ukrainian: Тара́с Володи́мирович Кулако́в, romanized: Tarás Volodýmyroyč Kulakóv), better known as CrazyRussianHacker, is a Russian American YouTuber. He produces videos on "life hacks", scientific experiments (or in other terms: science experiment demonstration, science demonstrations), testing, with the catchphrase "Safety is number one priority." His YouTube channel, "CrazyRussianHacker", created in 2012, has over 2.6 billion views and 11 million subscribers (as of August 2019) and is one of the platform's top 400 channels. He also has a second YouTube channel, "Taras Kul", with over 3.6 million subscribers (as of August 2019). His third YouTube channel, "Kul Farm" has over 350 thousand subscribers (as of August 2019).
Kulakov was born in the Ukrainian SSR (now Ukraine). His mother was Russian, and his father was Ukrainian. He has been a swimmer since 1996 and joined the Ukrainian Olympic team as a professional swimmer.
In a Q&A video, he clarified that the last place he lived before moving to the United States was the city of Donetsk, Ukraine. However, he grew up speaking Russian and therefore considers himself Russian.
He has two brothers and three sisters as stated in his September 2016 Q&A video. He also claims to have a half brother and a half sister as well.
He is currently living with his wife Katherine and his pets: two Siberian Huskies named Luke and Hugo, an Alaskan Malamute named Gus, a Dalmatian puppy named George, two Nigerian dwarf goats named Jeff and Joe, a white umbrella cockatoo named Gamma, and a blue iguana named Elvis. He also is a beekeeper and has cows as well.
Kulakov is a very active YouTuber, releasing a video per 1–3 days. As of June 2019, he has over 11 million subscribers for his CrazyRussianHacker channel. His videos range from life hacks to chemiluminescence in action. He is known for his sense of humour and Russian accent. He created his first channel, "origami768", on October 14, 2009, for origami tutorial videos. Later, he renamed this channel to "Taras Kul", which he uses as a second channel, and currently has over 3 million subscribers. His second attempt at YouTube fame came with "SlomoLaboratory" later renamed "Slow Mo Lab", alongside his brother Dima. His popularity skyrocketed with his third channel, CrazyRussianHacker, in 2012. In 2014 he started another YouTube channel, where he posted gun videos. With the new YouTube community guidelines starting mid-2017, he saw himself forced to delete the gun content. He renamed this channel to "Taras - Kul Farm" and has regularly been posting videos about his pets for his 253 thousand subscribers on this channel.
In one of the experiments on his CrazyRussianHacker channel, Kulakov demonstrated the unique properties of ferrofluid by interacting it with oil infused nano-scale iron oxide particles. The video also highlighted the magnetic fields created by the neodymium magnet.
- CrazyRussianHacker (2016-09-22), Q&A – CrazyRussianHacker, retrieved 2016-10-22
- "Crazy Russian Hacker: 'Safety Is Number-One Priority!'". RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- "YouTube Top 200 Most Subscribed Channels List – Top by Subscribers". Vidstatsx.com. Retrieved 2016-01-10.
- "Taras and David Kulakov". CouchSurfing. 2012.
- "Taras Kulakov – USMS Swimmer". U.S. Masters Swimming.
- "Who is the mysterious Crazy Russian Hacker?". Business Insider. 2015-08-08. Retrieved 2016-01-10.
- "Crazy Russian Hacker realtime subscribers". subscribercount.live.
- "Taras Kul" Taras Kulakov's channel on YouTube
- "slow mo lab" Taras Kulakov's channel on YouTube
- Taras Kulakov's channel on YouTube
- "Crazy Russian Hacker Demos Ferrofluid's Strange Magnetic Dance | Nerdist". Nerdist. 2016-05-02. Retrieved 2018-02-28.
- http://tbd.com/shows/5b36930961bda50006274fb5 - accessed December 23, 2018
- https://web.archive.org/web/20180801063134/http://tbd.com/schedule - The Laboratory With CRH airs every Wednesday; episode 3 aired August 1, 2018, so two weeks (14 days) ago the first episode aired. 14 days prior is July 18, 2018; List of programs broadcast by TBD also states that July 18, 2018 is the original air date of episode 1.
- Taras Kulakov's channel on YouTube
- "Crazy Russian Hacker: 'Safety Is Number-One Priority!'". RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty.