This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Born||Taras Vladimirovich Kulakov|
March 11, 1987
|Total views||2.92 billion|
Updated: May 8, 2021
Taras Vladimirovich Kulakov (Russian: Тара́с Влади́мирович Кулако́в; Ukrainian: Тара́с Володи́мирович Кулако́в; born March 11, 1987), better known as CrazyRussianHacker, is a Russian-American YouTuber of Ukrainian descent.
He became known for his videos on "life hacks", technology and scientific demonstrations, with the catchphrase "Safety is number one priority". He has dropped the use of the catchphrase from 2019 and no longer does life hack or scientific experiment videos but now concentrates mainly on gadget review videos, silver coin videos and junk box videos on both his main and second channel. He recently started to use the catchphrase again from February 2021.
Kulakov's YouTube channel, "CrazyRussianHacker", created in 2012, has over 2.79 billion views and 11.4 million subscribers (as of April 2020) and is one of the platform's top 500 channels. He has a second YouTube channel, "Taras Kul", with over 3.7 million subscribers (as of April 2020). His third YouTube channel, "Kul Farm" has 368,000 subscribers (as of April 2020).
In a Q&A video, he clarified that the last place he lived before moving to the United States was the city of Donetsk in Eastern Ukraine where Russian is the majority language. As he grew up speaking Russian and not knowing much Ukrainian, he considers himself Russian.
He has two brothers and three sisters as stated in his September 2016 Q&A video. He also claims to have a half brother and a half sister as well. He lives with his wife Katherine and daughter Alice.
Kulakov is a very active YouTuber, releasing a video per 1–3 days. As of June 2021, he has over 11 million subscribers for his CrazyRussianHacker channel. His videos range from life hacks to chemiluminescence in action. He is known for his sense of humour and Russian accent. He created his first channel, "origami768", on October 14, 2009, for origami tutorial videos. Later, he renamed this channel to "Taras Kul", which he uses as a second channel. His second attempt at YouTube fame came with "SlomoLaboratory" later renamed "Slow Mo Lab", alongside his brother Dima. He achieved his greatest popularity with his third channel, CrazyRussianHacker, in 2012. In 2014 he started another YouTube channel, where he posted gun videos.
With the new YouTube community guidelines starting mid-2017, he deleted the gun content and renamed this channel to "Kul Farm" and has regularly been posting videos about his pets for his 371 thousand subscribers on this channel.
Many of Kulakov's videos feature product demonstrations presented as scientific experiments.
- "About CrazyRussianHacker". YouTube.
- CrazyRussianHacker (2016-09-22), Q&A – CrazyRussianHacker, retrieved 2016-10-22
- Hart, Matthew (2016-05-02). "Crazy Russian Hacker Demos Ferrofluid's Strange Magnetic Dance". Nerdist. Archived from the original on 2018-11-25. Retrieved 2018-02-28.
- "Crazy Russian Hacker: 'Safety Is Number-One Priority!'". RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- "YouTube Top 200 Most Subscribed Channels List – Top by Subscribers". Vidstatsx.com. Retrieved 2016-01-10.
- "Taras and David Kulakov". CouchSurfing. 2012.
- "Taras Kulakov – USMS Swimmer". U.S. Masters Swimming.
- "Who is the mysterious Crazy Russian Hacker?". Business Insider. 2015-08-08. Retrieved 2016-01-10.
- CrazyRussianHacker (2016-12-11), Tasting Ukrainian Military MRE (Meal Ready to Eat, retrieved 2020-04-23
- "Crazy Russian Hacker realtime subscribers". socialblade.com.
- "Taras Kul" Taras Kulakov's channel on YouTube
- "slow mo lab" Taras Kulakov's channel on YouTube
- Taras Kulakov's channel on YouTube
- http://tbd.com/shows/5b36930961bda50006274fb5 - accessed December 23, 2018
- https://web.archive.org/web/20180801063134/http://tbd.com/schedule - The Laboratory With CRH airs every Wednesday; episode 3 aired August 1, 2018, so two weeks (14 days) ago the first episode aired. 14 days prior is July 18, 2018; List of programs broadcast by TBD also states that July 18, 2018 is the original air date of episode 1.
- "CrazyRussianHacker - YouTube". www.youtube.com.
- "Taras Kul - YouTube". www.youtube.com.
- "Slow Mo Lab - YouTube". www.youtube.com.
- "Kul Farm - YouTube". www.youtube.com.
- Taras Kulakov's channel on YouTube
- "Crazy Russian Hacker: 'Safety Is Number-One Priority!'". RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty.