The MV Hebrides at Tarbert pier
|Tarbert shown within the Outer Hebrides|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||ISLE OF HARRIS|
Tarbert (Scottish Gaelic: An Tairbeart) is the main community on Harris in the Western Isles of Scotland. The name means "isthmus", "crossing point" or "portage", in Gaelic. Tarbert has a car ferry terminal which operates to Uig on Skye. Tarbert's Church of Scotland parish church was built in 1862, and is within the parish of Harris. Tarbert also has a Free Presbyterian church.
- "Gaelic". North Harris Trust. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- "Uig - Tarbert - Lochmaddy". Ships of CalMac. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- "Harris, Tarbert, Parish Church". Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- "Harris, Tarbert, Free Presbyterian Church". Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tarbert, Isle of Harris.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Tarbert.|
- Canmore - Harris, Tarbert, General site record
- Canmore - Cnoc Na Greine, Tarbert, Harris, site record
|This article about a location in the Western Isles is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|