Tarek al-Zumar is an Egyptian Islamist politician and the secretary-general of the Building and Development Party. The party has a non-political wing named al-Gama'a al-Islamiyya. Al-Zumar was a member of Egyptian Islamic Jihad. His cousin is Abbud al-Zumar, who was imprisoned along with him.
Al-Zumar and his cousin received a hero's welcome when they were released from prison before things turned. On 14 July 2013 Egypt's prosecutor general Hisham Barakat ordered his assets to be frozen. Afterwards, al-Zumar fled to Qatar.
- "Tarek El Zomor elected new secretary general for Building and Development party". Daily News Egypt. 28 June 2013. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- "El-Zomor condemns abduction of Nigerian schoolgirls". Ahram Online. 14 May 2014. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Perry, Tom (March 18, 2011). "In free Egypt, Jihad leader says time for gun is over". Reuters.
- Watson, Ian; Fahmy, Mohamed Fadel (April 14, 2011). "Sadat's unrepentant killer aims for political future". CNN.
- "Asset freeze for Islamist leaders goes into action". Egypt Independent. 15 July 2013. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
|This article about an Egyptian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|