Targovishte Municipality within Bulgaria and Targovishte Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Targovishte|
|• Total||872 km2 (337 sq mi)|
|Population (December 2009)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Targovishte Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Търговище) is a municipality (obshtina) in Targovishte Province, Northeastern Bulgaria, located in the transition between the Danubian Plain and the area of the so-called Fore-Balkan. It is named after its administrative centre - the city of Targovishte which is also the capital of the province.
(towns are shown in bold):
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades. Since 1992 Targovishte Municipality has comprised the former municipalities of Dralfa and Makariopolsko and the numbers in the table reflect this unification.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
According to the 2011 census, among those who answered the optional question on ethnic identification, the ethnic composition of the municipality was the following:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Targovishte Municipality.|
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- Population by province, municipality, settlement and age by 01.02.2011; Bulgarian National Statistical Institute
- Population of Bulgarian divisions
- Population by province, municipality, settlement and ethnic identification, by 01.02.2011; Bulgarian National Statistical Institute (Bulgarian)
- Official website (Bulgarian)