|Born||مولانا طارق جمیل
1 January 1953
Mian Channu, Khanewal, Pakistan
|Main interest(s)||Shari'a, Hadith, Islamic finance, Tafsir|
|Alma mater||Jamia Arabia, (near Lahore, Pakistan)|
Tariq Jameel (born 1 January 1953), commonly referred to as Maulana Tariq Jameel, is a Pakistani religious and Islamic scholar, preacher, and public speaker from Tulamba near Mian Channu in Khanewal, Punjab He is a member of Tablighi Jamaat and a scholar who runs a Madrasa in Faisalabad, Pakistan. He is listed as a popular speaker in the 2013/2014 edition of the book The Muslim 500.
Education and career
Tariq Jameel received his Islamic education from Jamia Arabia, Raiwind. He frequently visits places to deliver Islamic speeches at rallies in which he preaches peace and harmony, tolerance and respect for everyone. He promotes ethnic and sectarian harmony.
Tariq Jameel's lectures incorporate a wide range of issues of Islam and social concern. He especially emphasizes on self-rectification, self-accountability, honesty in social life, avoidance of violent ways, observance of God's commands, and the following of the teachings and the model of life as suggested by Islamic prophet Muhammad. In May 2014, the International Human Rights Commission Chief Ambassador met Tariq Jameel along with Asad Bashir and Veena Malik at Dubai and thanked him for promoting the true picture of Islam.
In January 2014, Pakistani actress Veena Malik said her interaction with Tariq Jameel had positively changed her life, and that she would quit the show-biz industry. Although she did not quit the industry and said she was planning her comeback after the birth of her girl. According to news reports which have not been confirmed by Imran Khan or any of his close associates, Tariq Jameel met Imran Khan in August 2014, and advised him to conduct his Azadi March in a peaceful way. Upon his request, the march's name was changed from 'Tsunami March' to 'Azadi March', although Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri's associates claim that the term ‘Azadi March’ was coined by their leader but was stolen by PTI.
On 4 November 2014, he called on Pakistani prime minister Nawaz Sharif at the latter's residence Jati Umra, and extended the invitation to participate in annual Tableeghi Ijtima to be held in Raiwind Markaz.
- Prof. S. Abdallah Schleifer (ed.). The Muslim 500: The World's 500 Most Influential Muslims, 2013/14. Amman: Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre. p. 134. ISBN 978-9957-428-37-2. Retrieved 13 September 2014.
- "Cruelty, lie, fraud reasons for fall of Muslims". University of the Punjab. 21 March 2013. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- Freitag, Ulrike, ed. (2009). Translocality: The Study of Globalising Processes from a Southern Perspective. BRILL. p. 326. ISBN 9789004181168. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Tableeghi Jamaat chief Maulana Tariq Jameel denies attack". NewsPakistan. September 17, 2013. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Tablighi cleric's political meetings raise eyebrows". The Express Tribune. August 22, 2011. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- "Religious harmony: Dousing the flames of sectarianism". The Express Tribune. June 11, 2013. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- "International Human Rights Commission chief meets Maulana Tariq Jameel along with Asad Bashir Khan and Veena Malik at Duba". Pakistan Newswire. 29 May 2014. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- "IHRC CHIEF TODAY MET WITH GREAT ISLAMIC SCHOLAR MAULANA TARIQ JAMEEL ALONG WITH IHRC AMBASSADOR ASAD BASHIR KHAN AND VEENA MALIK HERE AT DUBAI". International Human Rights Commission. International Human Rights Commission. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- Reetz, Dietrich, ed. (2010). Islam in Europa: Religiöses Leben heute (in German). Waxmann Verlag. p. 49. ISBN 9783830973812. Retrieved 30 October 2014. Please avoid this guy as he has no information about Islam, in his speech he said that Allah Ta'ala married to a Hur in Jannat and invited all Messenger for Walima Reception. Nauzubillah. Check date values in:
- "Maulana Tariq Jameel changes Veena Malik life". The Siasat Daily. 27 January 2014. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Maulana Tariq Jameel has changed my life completely: Veena Malik". Muslim Mirror. January 28, 2014. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Veena Malik plans her comeback - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- Cheema, Umar (August 26, 2014). "Maulana Tariq Jamil advised Imran to get married". The News International. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- "Maulana Tariq Jameel advised Imran Khan for Azadi March". HotPakNews. 10 Aug 2014. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- "Maulana Tariq invites PM to attend Tableeghi Jammat". Daily Times. 5 November 2014. Retrieved 5 November 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tariq Jameel.|