The Tarkani (Pashto: ترکاڼي tarkāṇī; Urdu: ترکانی) or Tarkalani (Pashto: ترکلاڼي tarkalāṇī; Urdu: ترکلانی) is a Pashtun tribe mainly settled in Bajaur Agency, Lower Dir district of Pakistan, and in Kunar province of Afghanistan but originally hailed from the Laghman province of modern-day Afghanistan.
- %22Tareekh-e-Kakazai%22 (a.k.a."Hidayat Afghani-Tareekh-e-Kakazai Tarkani" - (Originally Published May, 1933 in Urdu)
- "A Dictionary of the Pathan Tribes of the North West Frontier of India"published by The General Staff Army Headquarter, Calcutta, India - (Originally Published 1910) :: Kakazai / Kakayzai Pathan Tribe is mentioned on Page 22 (under ‘K’ -Kakazai), Page 12 (under ‘D’ - Daulat Khel - A sub-division of Kakazai Pathans), Page 26 (under 'K' - Khulozai - A sub-division of Kakazai Pathans), Page 29 (under ‘M’ -Maghdud Khel,Mahsud Khel and Mahmud Khel - sub-divisions of Kakazai Pathans), Page 47 (under 'U' - Umar Khel - A sub-division of Kakazai Pathans) and Page 50 (under 'Y' - Yusaf Khel - A sub-division of Kakazai Pathans)
- "Frontier and Overseas Expeditions from India" Volume One published by Government Mono Type Press, Simla, India - (Originally Published 1907) :: Kakazai / Kakayzai Pathan Tribe is mentioned between Page 515- 555-You can read these volumes online, thanks to Internet Archives though their market value is around $11000 ::
- Family Tree of Qais Abdul Rashid :: Spelled as Kaka Zai under the offsprings ofKharashboon (Khair ud Din) ::
- Tarkanri (Tarkalani or Tarkani) Tribe of Bajaur Agency and Dir - By "FATA Awareness Initiative"
- پښتانه قبيلی وپېژنئ - ډاکټر لطيف ياد - خېبر وېب پاڼه - pp 86-89 & 261-262 & 310-312 (in Pashto)
|This article about an ethnic group in Asia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|