Tarlochan Singh Kler
Tarlochan Singh Kler
|Known for||Interventional cardiology|
Tarlochan Singh Kler is an Indian interventional cardiologist, medical administrator, writer, Chairman at Pushpawati Singhania Hospital & Research Institute and (former Director of Cardiac Sciences at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute). Born in Amargarh in the Indian state of Punjab, he graduated in medicine from Punjabi University in 1976, secured his MD in general medicine from Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) in 1980 and followed it up with the degree of DM in cardiology from the same institution in 1983. He succeeded Naresh Trehan as the executive director of Fortis Heart Institute and Research Centre before becoming its director. He has written several articles on interventional cardiology; Persistent left superior vena cava opening directly into right atrium and mistaken for coronary sinus during biventricular pacemaker implantation, Mammary coronary artery anastomosis without cardiopulmonary bypass through minithoracotomy: one year clinical experience, and Ventricular Fibrillation in the EP Lab. What is the Atrial Rhythm? are some of the notable ones. The Government of India awarded him the third highest civilian honour of the Padma Bhushan, in 2005, for his contributions to medicine.
- "Executive Profile". Bloomberg. 2016. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "On Indian Autographs". Indian Autographs. 2016. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "Dr. Tarlochan Singh Kler on Practo". Practo. 2016. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "No dearth of skills at Escorts, says Dr Kler". The Tribune. 17 June 2007. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- Kartikeya Bhargava; Vanita Arora; Tarlochan Singh Kler (June 2007). "Persistent left superior vena cava opening directly into right atrium and mistaken for coronary sinus during biventricular pacemaker implantation". HeartRhythm. 4 (6): 810. doi:10.1016/j.hrthm.2006.09.018.
- Yugal Mishra*, Yatin Mehta, Sanjay Mittal, Mahendra Mairal, Anil Karlekar, Ashok Seth, Tarlochan Singh Kler, Naresh Trehan (1998). "Mammary coronary artery anastomosis without cardiopulmonary bypass through minithoracotomy: one year clinical experience" (PDF). European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. 14 (Suppl 1): S31–S37.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Kartikeya Bhargava; Tarlochan Singh Kler (September 2008). "Ventricular Fibrillation in the EP Lab. What is the Atrial Rhythm?". Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology. 19 (9): 991–992.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2016. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
|This Indian medicine-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|