From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Tartar or tartar in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Tartar may refer to:
- Ethnic appellation
- An alternative spelling of the name Tatars, an ethnic group in present-day Russia and Ukraine.
- The Tatar language.
- A member of the various tribes and their descendants of Tartary, such as Turks, Mongols and Manchus.
- Tartar Island, South Shetland Islands, Antarctica
- Tartar, Switzerland, a village in the Grisons
- Tartar Rayon, a rayon in Azerbaijan
- Tartar (river), a river in Azerbaijan
- Tərtər, capital of Tartar Rayon, Azerbaijan
- Salts of tartaric acid
- Vehicles and military hardware
- Tartar, a GWR Iron Duke Class steam locomotive
- Tartar was one of the GWR 3031 Class locomotives that were built for and run on the Great Western Railway between 1891 and 1915; renamed Walter Robinson in 1901.
- RIM-24 Tartar missile
- Tartar Guided Missile Fire Control System
- HMS Tartar, the name of several Royal Navy Vessels
- Tartars, the name of the athletic teams from 1927–1999 at Wayne State University in Detroit.
- Tartar on teeth, hardened dental plaque
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tartar.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.