Tashkent International Airport
|This article may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (August 2012)|
|Tashkent International Airport
Toshkent Xalqaro Aeroporti
|Owner||Government of Uzbekistan|
|Elevation AMSL||1,417 ft / 432 m|
Tashkent International Airport (Uzbek: Toshkent Xalqaro Aeroporti – (IATA: TAS, ICAO: UTTT)) is the main international airport of Uzbekistan and the busiest airport in Central Asia. It is located 12 km (7.5 mi) from the center of Tashkent.
This ICAO Category II airport is the primary hub of Uzbekistan Airways, and is the largest international airport in Uzbekistan, and the busiest in Central Asia. The airport comprises two terminals: Terminal 2 receives international flights, Terminal 3 is for domestic traffic.
Terminal 2 was rebuilt in 2001, and is currently undergoing renovations.[when?] It has a capacity of 1000 passengers/hour and serves more than two million passengers per year. Other facilities include waiting lounges, CIP and VIP halls, restaurants and bars, currency exchange offices, duty-free shops, airlines ticket counters and sales offices, and a 24-hour pharmacy. The terminal operates at near maximum capacities; arriving passengers frequently spend an average of two hours completing customs and immigration formalities.
Terminal 3 opened in 2011 with a capacity of 400 passengers per hour. The two terminals are separated by the runway, requiring passengers transiting from international to domestic flights and vice versa to exit the airport in order to transfer between them.
The government of Uzbekistan is planning to relocate Tashkent Airport to a new site by 2030.
Airlines and destinations
operated by AeroLogic
|Lufthansa Cargo||Almaty, Chongqing, Guangzhou|
|Silk Way Airlines||Baku|
|Turkish Airlines Cargo||Delhi, Hong Kong, Istanbul-Atatürk|
- AIP from the European Organisation for the Safety of Air Navigation
- "Uzbekistan Airways' new terminal starts operation in Tashkent". C.A.A.N. 26 September 2011. Retrieved 26 September 2011.
- "Tashkent Airoport to be relocated by 2030". UzDaily.com. 23 July 2012. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- "НОВОГОДНИЙ ПОДАРОК ОТ АВИАКОМПАНИИ". Kyrgyzstan Air Company. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- "ПРЯМЫЕ РЕЙСЫ В ТАШКЕНТ ИЗ ЧЕЛЯБИНСКА". АвиаПорт.Ru. 6 August 2012. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- "Uzbekistan Airways Resumes Lahore Service from late-July 2016". airlineroute. Retrieved 7 March 2016.
- "Открытие рейса Ташкент - Минск переносится на июль". Авиационный сайт в Беларуси. MSQ.BY. 24 May 2015. Retrieved 27 May 2015.
- L, J (18 December 2014). "Uzbekistan Airways Adds Minsk Service in S15". Airline Route. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- L, J (6 May 2016). "Uzbekistan Airways Adds Voronezh Service from June 2016". Airline Route. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- "2013 summer schedule". Aero Logic. Retrieved 13 August 2013.
- Turkish Airlines Cargo Winter Schedule
Media related to Tashkent International Airport at Wikimedia Commons