Taskwarrior 1.9.x demonstrating colored themes.
|Original author(s)||Paul Beckingham|
|Developer(s)||Paul Beckingham, Federico Hernandez, David J Patrick, John Florian, Cory Donnelly, Johannes Schlatow, Dirk Deimeke, Scott Kostyshak, Renato Alves, Wim Schuermann, Tomas Babej|
|Initial release||3 June 2008|
|Stable release||2.4.4 / 10 May 2015|
|Operating system||Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, BSD|
|Type||Task management, Time management|
Taskwarrior uses concepts and techniques described in Getting Things Done by David Allen, but is paradigm-agnostic in that it does not require users to adhere to any given life-management philosophy.
Taskwarrior's source code is freely available and can be compiled and run on a variety of architectures and operating systems, or installed using binaries obtained with common package management tools: (apt, Fink, yum, dnf, etc.) 
Taskwarrior comprises three main commands: add, list, and done. All other functionality – recurrences, tags, priorities, etc. – are optional.
Adding a task
$ task add Pick up keys to the new apartment Created task 1.
$ task list ID Project Pri Due Active Age Description 1 4 secs Pick up keys to the new apartment 1 task
Marking a task as completed
$ task 1 done Completed 1 'Pick up keys to the new apartment'. Marked 1 task as done.
$ task add Mow the lawn project:Lawnwork due:tomorrow recur:biweekly +home Created task 1.
When used in conjunction with Taskserver, can sync tasks into the cloud, and indirectly with other clients/devices.
- Issue 124 of the UK Linux Format magazine (November 2009) featured Taskwarrior in its Hot Picks section.
- RadioTux Talk #137 (July 2011, German) chose Taskwarrior as Hot Pick
- FLOSS Weekly dedicated episode 175 (July 2011) to Taskwarrior
- Linux Voice featured tutorial to Taskwarrior in 6th issue.
- Taskwarrior Git Repository
- About Taskwarrior, Archive copy at the Wayback Machine
- Todo.txt Future-proof task tracking in a file you control
- Task 2.0.0 NEWS file
- FLOSS Weekly 175, TWiT.TV
- "Linux Voice Issue 6, FOSS section" (PDF).