Tasnim News Agency
|Type||Broadcast newspaper online and mobile|
|Founded||November 11, 2012|
|Headquarters||12th Avenue, Mirzaye Shirazi Street, Tehran, Iran|
|Owner||Islamic Ideology Dissemination Organization (IIDO)|
|Tasnim News Agency|
Tasnim News Agency (Persian: خبرگزاری تسنیم) is a private news agency in Iran launched in 2012. Its purpose is to cover a variety of political, social, economic and international subjects along with other fields. All its content is licensed as Creative Commons.
As of 2014, Tasnim's main headquarters for news is based in Iran's capital Tehran, with reporters across the country and region sending in reports.
Tasnim has strong links with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC). On 10 April 2013 the IRGC chief Mohammad Ali Jafari visited the Tasnim headquarters and was quoted by the news agency saying "The faithful and Revolutionary media have today a very heavy duty in confronting anti-islamic and anti-human plots of the oppressors".
Tasnim English News
According to a report from the Anti-Defamation League, Tasnim has alleged in a series of articles that COVID-19 is part of "an American and Jewish plot at world domination through population control" hatched by Henry Kissinger, who is described as "the unique Jewish scholar and American strategist" and "a master controller of government and international finance".
- "خبرگزاری تسنیم - خبرگزاری تسنیم؛ چشمهی جوشان آگاهیبخشی". Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "Tasnim News Agency launched". Tehran Times. Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "About us". Tasnim News Agency. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- "Visit of IRGC Commander Mohammad Ali Jafari". Tasnim News Agency. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- "Tasnim News Agency". Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- Lerner, Shaya; Weinberg, David Andrew (April 3, 2020). "Battling COVID, Iran Regime Makes Jews its Bogeyman". Anti-Defamation League. Retrieved March 16, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tasnim.|
- Official website (in Persian)