Taste the Feeling
|"Taste the Feeling"|
|Single by Avicii and Conrad Sewell|
|Released||11 March 2016|
|Recorded||Sweden, January 2016|
|Avicii singles chronology|
|Conrad Sewell singles chronology|
"Taste the Feeling" is a song by Swedish DJ Avicii and Australian singer Conrad Sewell. The song was released as a digital download in March 2016. The track is a Coca-Cola released promotional song for their campaign "Taste the Feeling" campaign and soundtracked all of Coke's UEFA Euro 2016 ad campaign and its 2016 Rio de Janeiro Summer Olympics campaign.
Avicii said in a statement; "It means a lot to be involved in this project. When Coca-Cola approached me about making their anthem for the UEFA Euro 2016 campaign I could tell that it was going to be a really fun and a creative way to make a track that would connect with one of the biggest football events in the world". Sewell said; "Working with Avicii was great. He's a genuine lad and incredibly talented. I've always been a fan of his production. Being able to spend time with him at his studio in Sweden was great, because it gave us an opportunity to really vibe and get to know each other. We had a chance to dig in and make the song a great balance of both of our musical signatures, and feel like we created something that we are both proud of and can stand alone as a great piece of music, hopefully even a hit!"
Robbie Daw of Idolator wrote; "'Taste The Feeling' finds Aussie vocalist Sewell crooning about standing on the shore but yearning to 'grab another Coke' and take a dive. It's basically the same type of harmless, feel-good pop track Chris Brown whipped together in 2008 for Wrigley's, with Doublemint smash 'Forever,' except this one doesn't quite have the lasting, um, flavor 'Forever' did."
John Cameron of We Got This Covered wrote; "Just when you thought Avicii couldn't get any Avicii-er, the Swedish superstar DJ/producer has managed to discard any semblance of street cred he might still have had. As part of an ad campaign with Coca Cola, he teamed up with vocalist Conrad Sewell on 'Taste The Feeling,' which has to be the most repulsively generic piece of music on which either artist will ever put their name."
|1.||"Taste the Feeling"||3:11|
Credits and personnel
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||17|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||53|
|Latvia (Latvijas Top 40)||40|
|Brazil (Pro-Música Brasil)||Platinum||40,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
On May 18, 2016 Luan Santana released a version of the song. The music video was recorded in São Paulo, directed by Pedro Sokol and Fabiano Pierri, with production by Dudu Borges and also featured touches by Luan Santana himself, who attributed elements to the composition.
K-pop girl group Mamamoo released a new Korean-language version of “Taste the Feeling” on November 9, 2017. It was announced that this version will serve as a theme song for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang.
- "Taste The Feeling - Coca-Cola".
- "Avicii Conrad Sewell "Taste the Feeling" - Official Coca Cola Euro 2016". www.musictimes.com. January 2016. Retrieved 15 May 2016.
- "Conrad Sewell & Avicii Pair Up For Coca-Cola Theme "Taste The Feeling": Listen". www.idolator.com. 19 January 2016. Retrieved 15 May 2016.
- "Avicii And Conrad Sewell Hit A New Low With "Taste The Feeling"". wegotthiscovered.com. January 2016. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- "Austriancharts.at – Avicii vs Conrad Sewell – Taste the Feeling" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40. Retrieved June 8, 2016.
- "Lescharts.com – Avicii vs Conrad Sewell – Taste the Feeling" (in French). Les classement single. Retrieved May 15, 2016.
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Avicii vs Conrad Sewell – Taste the Feeling". GfK Entertainment Charts. Retrieved October 15, 2018.
- "Latvijas Top 40". Latvijas Radio. July 10, 2016. Retrieved July 10, 2016.
- "Portuguesecharts.com – Avicii vs. Conrad Sewell – Taste the Feeling". AFP Top 100 Singles. Retrieved April 23, 2020.
- "SloTop50 – Slovenian official singles chart". slotop50.si. Retrieved 26 August 2018.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Avicii vs Conrad Sewell – Taste the Feeling". Singles Top 100. Retrieved May 15, 2016.
- "Instagram post by Universal Music Brasil • Aug 30, 2017 at 9:00am UTC". Instagram. Aug 30, 2017. Retrieved Sep 25, 2017.
- "EM PARCERIA COM A COCA-COLA, LUAN SANTANA GRAVA "TASTE THE FEELING"" (in Portuguese). Woods FM. 2016-05-20. Retrieved 2017-05-03.
- Jeon, Su Mi (2016-07-29). "KPOP NEWS - [Video] NCT Knows How to ′Taste The Feeling′ with Coca-Cola". Mwave. Archived from the original on 2016-08-01. Retrieved 2016-08-09.
- "Edurne da un giro a Taste The Feeling con Coca-Cola". Yahstar. 14 September 2016. Archived from the original on 21 September 2016. Retrieved 16 September 2016.
- "Abraham Mateo também faz versão de hit do Avicii" (in Portuguese). LatinPop. 2017-01-26. Retrieved 2017-05-03.
- "¡Lali versiona Taste the Feeling por primera vez en 360º!". CocaCola.es (in Spanish). April 7, 2017. Retrieved April 30, 2017.
- "The "official" welcome of the new Coca-Cola without calories and with a sweetener from the plant stevia!". coca-cola.gr (in Greek). May 4, 2017. Retrieved May 5, 2017.
- beansss (article author), “MAMAMOO to sing the Korean version of 'Taste the Feeling' for 'Pyeongchang Olympics' x 'Coca-Cola’”, allkpop.com, November 7, 2017
- "Mamamoo – Taste The Feeling", kpopscene.com
- "Coca-Cola. Адчуй гэта лета па-свойму!", November 25, 2017, Retrieved June 16, 2017
- Carla Koelemij (article author), "Coca Cola jazzes up a summer hit in belarus", November 25, 2017, Retrieved July 26, 2017