|Birth name||Tong Hong Tat|
|Genres||Pop, rock, R&B, dance, Hip hop|
|Occupation(s)||Songwriter, record producer, music executive|
Tat Tong; born Tong Hong Tat; is a Singaporean record producer and songwriter who works in Los Angeles and Singapore. His discography has gone 20x platinum, with over 20 #1 hits out of over 60 Top 20 hits worldwide, and he is a member of production-writing duo The Swaggernautz with American Idol Season 10 alumnus Jovany Javier. He is presently signed to Universal Music Publishing.
Growing up in Singapore, Tong studied piano and composition at Yamaha Music Foundation. In 2001, he accepted a scholarship from the Singapore Armed Forces to study Computer Science at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY, and following that, worked in the Republic of Singapore Navy for 6 years before transitioning into a full-time music career in 2011. At Cornell, Tong sang in the Cornell University Glee Club.
Tong co-produced and co-wrote Troye Sivan's "Happy Little Pill" from his 2014 TRXYE album, which was certified Gold in Australia, charted at #1 on iTunes in 55 countries, and reached #5 on the Billboard 200 chart, making him the first Singaporean to have an entry in the Top 10 of the Billboard 200. He also cowrote American DJ Elephante's single "Age Of Innocence" featuring Trouze and Damon Sharpe which charted in the Top 20 on the Billboard Dance charts.
In the Latin music space, Tong co-produced and co-wrote the Mandarin remix of "Despacito" by Luis Fonsi featuring JJ Lin, together with Jovany Javier. He also co-produced and co-wrote CD9's 2016 album "Evolution" with Jovany Javier as well as Luis Salazar of The Dro1dz, which was certified platinum and charted at #1 in Mexico. Tong's global credits with The Swaggernautz also include work with Santana, Pitbull, Project 46, A-mei, Karen Mok, Show Lo, 2PM, Vanness Wu, Coco Lee, JJ Lin, and Kit Chan.
- COMPASS (Composers and Authors Society of Singapore) 'Wings Of Excellence' Award for overseas achievements
- COMPASS (Composers and Authors Society of Singapore) 'Top Local English Pop Song' Award for 'Happy Little Pill' (Troye Sivan)
- Troye Sivan: "Happy Little Pill", Universal
- Luis Fonsi, JJ Lin: "Despacito (Mandarin Remix)", Universal
- Kaskade: "Come Play With Me", Arkade
- Christina Grimmie: "Shrug"
- Elephante feat. Trouze and Damon Sharpe: "Age of Innocence", Armada Music
- Project 46: "Beautiful It Hurts", Ultra Records
- Trouze: "Intersection", "Splash", "Busy"
- CD9 feat. Crayon Pop: "Get Dumb", Sony Music Mexico
- CD9:"Deja Vu", "Guilty Pleasure" Sony Music Mexico
- Anahi feat. Gente De Zona: "Arena Y Sol", Universal Music Latin Entertainment
- Anahi feat. Julion Alvarez: "Eres", Universal Music Latin Entertainment
- Vanness Wu: "Rang Wo Geng Ai Wo", Sony Music Taiwan
- "Repertoire Search". BMI.com. BMI.com.
- Tan, Dylan (July 1, 2016). "Playing to a global beat". The Business Times. Singapore Press Holdings.
- Tan, Jeanette. "S'porean Navy scholar with computer science degree makes mark in international pop music and EDM". Mothership.sg. Mothership.sg.
- Mathews, Kevin (February 26, 2016). "Local music producer-songwriter Tat Tong and DJ Declan Ee find success in US". TODAYOnline. Singapore Press Holdings.
- Malinda-White, Kyle. "Troye Sivan's Debut Single Is Composed By A Singaporean". PopSpoken. PopSpoken.
- "ARIA Charts - Accreditations - 2014 Singles". ARIA. Australia Recording Industry Association.
- Stern, Bradley. "Troye Sivan Shoots To #1 On iTunes (In 55 Countries!) With Debut EP, 'TRXYE'". Idolator.com. Idolator.
- Benjamin, Jeff. "Troye Sivan's 'Youth' soars into Top 40". FUSE. fuse.tv.
- Mathews, Kevin (November 19, 2014). "Six tips to get that No 1 hit". TODAYOnline. Singapore Press Holdings. Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- Tan, Dylan (December 4, 2015). "Making the Cut". The Business Times. Singapore Press Holdings.
- Fonseca, Selma (November 20, 2017). "Luis Fonsi and JJ Lin Team Up for 'Despacito' In Mandarin and Spanish: Exclusive". Billboard.
- "CD9 regresa con fuerza con "Evolution"". Vivelo Hoy (in Spanish). Retrieved March 15, 2016.
- "CD9: new album Revolution is out now". Juice or Cider. Juice or Cider. Retrieved November 12, 2016.
- "Puesto #1 del #Top100MX del 18 al 24 de marzo 2016..." (in Spanish). Asociación Mexicana de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas. Twitter. April 27, 2016. Retrieved April 27, 2016.
- "BMI Writers Talk Business at Gamechangers Music Seminar in Beverly Hills". BMI. BMI.
- Rapkin, Mickey. Pitch Perfect: The Quest for A Cappella Glory. Penguin. p. 86. Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- Zachariah, Natasha Ann (September 25, 2016). "Gentle Bones wins two prizes at Compass Awards". The Straits Times. Singapore Press Holdings.
- Chen, James (September 12, 2017). "Results from the 22nd COMPASS Awards". MusicAsia.