Tata Power Solar
|Tata BP Solar India Limited|
|Headquarters||Shatabdi Bhavan, Sector 4, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India|
Tata Power Solar Systems Limited, formerly Tata BP Solar, is an Indian company that specializes in solar energy services. The company manufactures solar modules, solar cells, and other solar products, and provides EPC services for solar power projects.
In February 2017, Tata Power Solar became the first Indian company to ship over 1 GW solar modules worldwide. The company's manufacturing unit in Bangalore has a production capacity of 300 MW of modules and 180 MW of cells.
Tata Power and BP Solar established Tata BP Solar, a joint venture company, in 1989. The company began commercial operations in 1991 by establishing its first manufacturing unit with a production capacity of 3 MW.
BP Solar was closed on 21 December 2011, when BP announced its departure from the solar energy business. On 30 August 2012, Tata BP Solar India Limited was renamed as Tata Power Solar Systems Limited and became a wholly owned subsidiary of the Tata Group.
In August 2016, Tata Power Solar commissioned a 100 MW solar project at the NP Kunta Ultra Mega Solar Power Project in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. This was the largest solar project commissioned using domestically manufactured solar cells and modules at the time.
- "Contact Us". Tata Power Solar. Retrieved 9 March 2017.
- "Solar Products, EPC Services, Solar PV cells and modules". Tata Power Solar. Retrieved 9 March 2017.
- Ramesh, M (2017-02-06). "Tata Power Solar achieves 1 GW of module shipments". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2017-03-10.
- Bureau, BS B2B (7 February 2017). "Tata Power Solar becomes first Indian firm to ship out 1 GW solar modules". Business Standard India. Retrieved 9 March 2017.
- "HISTORY & MILESTONES". Tata Power Solar. Retrieved 9 March 2017.
- "Tata Power Solar Is First Indian Company To Ship 1 Gigawatt Of Solar Modules". CleanTechnica. Retrieved 9 March 2017.
- "BP turns out lights at solar business". Reuters. 21 December 2016. Retrieved 10 March 2017.
- "Tata BP Solar India Limited renamed as Tata Power Solar Systems Limited - a new beginning for India's pioneering solar company!". Tata Power. Bangalore. 30 August 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
- India, Press Trust of (2016-08-16). "Tata Power Solar commissions 100 mw project in Andhra". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2017-03-10.