|Rajiv Sabharwal, (Managing Director & CEO)|
Kusal Roy, (Managing Director)
|Products||Home Loans, Consumer Loans, Commercial Finance, Wealth Management Private Equity|
Tata Capital Limited is a financial and investment service provider in India. It is based in Mumbai and has more than 100 branches across the country. The company offers consumer loans, wealth management, commercial finance, and infrastructure finance, among others.
Tata Capital, a subsidiary of Tata Sons Limited, was established in the year 2007. It is the financial services arm of the USD 108 billion Tata Group. It is a holding company of Tata Capital Financial Services Limited (TCFSL), Tata Securities Limited, and Tata Capital Housing Finance Limited. The company is registered with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) as a Systematically Important Deposit Accepting Non-Banking Financial Company. Tata Capital offers services like commercial finance, investment banking, consumer loans, private equity, treasury advisory, and credit cards. It serves corporate, retail, and institutional customers through its wholly owned subsidiary, TCFSL.
Business developments and initiatives
Acquisition by Thomas Cook
In October 2017, Thomas Cook India Group acquired the forex and travel units of Tata Capital. These were its wholly owned subsidiaries, Tata Capital Travel and Services Limited and Tata Capital Forex Limited.
Agreement with Capital Float
In October 2017, Tata Capital entered into an agreement with Capital Float to offer Working Capital Loans to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the country through co-lending on the latter’s digital lending platform. Their “Pay Later” product enables borrowers to enjoy a credit limit of up to INR 50 lakh for one year.
Under its brand initiative, Do Right, Tata Capital launched Salaam Loans in May 2017. The initiative is aimed at lending to individuals who do not have access to organized credit. Under Salaam Loans, the company eliminated the requirement of filling numerous forms and checking applicant's CIBIL score for small tickets loans. It enables individuals to showcase stories on digital and social media. The stories with maximum ‘salaams’ or likes are entitled to secure a loan from Tata Capital. The company then offers personal loans up to INR one lakh at discounted rates to deserving individuals.
Partnership with Biz2Credit
In April 2016, Tata Capital joined hands with Biz2credit to facilitate finance to small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Biz2Credit is an online credit resource offering finance to small businesses.
Launched in 2013, the Do Right initiative aims to spread the spirit of 'doing right'. The company leads a number of other initiatives under the Do Right campaign.
Awards and recognitions
- In 2017, the Salaam Loan initiative won Gold in the category of ‘Digital – Social Purpose’ and Bronze in the category of ‘Public Relations – Financial Services’ at the Spikes Asia Awards
- In 2016, Tata Capital became the first Indian company to receive the Global EthicMark Award for Best Advertising Campaign in the ‘For Profit’ category for its Do Right initiative
- In 2015, the company won Gallup Great Workplace Award
- In 2014, Tata Capital’s online campaign, ‘Half Stories—The Journey of Doing Right’ received the Award of Excellence (Gold) in the category of Integrated Campaign – Social Responsibility at the 20th Annual Communicator Awards and ‘Grand Prix’ at the ABBY Awards
- In 2013, Tata Capital was credited for its Human Resource (HR) Excellence at the CII National HR Excellence Award Confluence
- "Tata Capital Ltd - Bloomberg". 15 December 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Thomas Cook buys Tata Capital subsidiaries". 25 September 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Tata Capital ties up with Biz2Credit to reach out to small businesses in India". 22 April 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Tata Capital launches 'Salaam Loans'". 8 May 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Tata Capital's 'Salaam Loans' gives power to the common man". www.bestmediaifo.com. Retrieved 2018-07-07.
- "Tata Capital brings 'Salaam Loans' initiative to deserving individuals in Mumbai's Dharavi, Golibar Area". 12 June 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- Sengupta, Devina (2016-04-12). "Tata Capital ties-up with Biz2Credit to reach out to small businesses in India". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2018-07-07.
- "Tata Capital ties up with Biz2Credit to finance SMEs". The Financial Express. 2016-04-12. Retrieved 2018-07-07.
- "Tata Capital evangelises 'do right' position with a musical message". Campaign India. Retrieved 2018-07-07.
- "Tata Capital's 'Do Right' Initiative Wins the Global EthicMark® Award". 16 November 2016. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Tata Capital's campaign 'Half Stories' wins Grand Prix". 16 June 2014. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- "Tata Capital Receives Special Recognition for 'HR Excellence' at the CII HR Excellence Awards 2013". 15 December 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2017.