|Revised Romanization||Tata Dae-u Sangyongcha|
|McCune–Reischauer||T'at'a Taeu Sangyongch'a|
Tata Daewoo (officially Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Company) is a commercial vehicle manufacturer headquartered in Gunsan, Jeollabuk-do, South Korea and a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Motors. It is the second-largest heavy commercial vehicle manufacturer in South Korea.
The company was established in 2002 as Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Co. Ltd, after it was spun off from parent Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd.
In 2004 it was acquired by Tata Motors, India's largest passenger automobile and commercial vehicle manufacturing company. Tata Daewoo has CKD Projects in India and Pakistan instead. Tata Daewoo-Korea and Afzal Motors-Pakistan signed a Technical Assistance Agreement on 12 December 2005 in Pakistan.
The assembling plant of Afzal Motors in Pakistan was inaugurated by Prime Minister of Pakistan Mr. Shaukat Aziz on 8 January 2007. Afzal Motors is manufacturing a wide range of Daewoo Commercial Vehicles including Daewoo Prime Movers, Daewoo Truck Chassis and Daewoo Dump Trucks.
Tata Daewoo and Afzal Motors are in final stage to export Daewoo Trucks assembled in Pakistan to Middle East and Central Asian Stats. Daewoo Trucks are being sold across the globe under the Daewoo and Tata Daewoo as well.
In 2013, the Vehicular Authority of South Korea has ordered that the trucks sold by Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicles, has been recalled due to a steering failure. The 3,276 trucks sold in these country has been repaired and now are in service.
- GMK/Chevrolet/Isuzu Truck - CKD provided by Saehan Motor Company, 1971 (now GM Korea)
- SMC Truck Isuzu Truck- CKD provided by Saehan Motor Company, 1976 (now GM Korea)
- Daewoo/Isuzu Elf Truck - CKD provided by Saehan Motor Company, 1976 (now GM Korea).
- Daewoo/Isuzu Light Truck - CKD provided by Saehan Motor Company (now GM Korea), with assistance from Isuzu, 1983.
- Daewoo/Isuzu Truck New Elf Model - CKD provided by Daewoo Motor Company (now GM Korea), with assistance from Isuzu, 1986.
- Daewoo Truck New Model - CKD provided by Daewoo Motor Company (now GM Korea), with assistance from Isuzu, 1986.
- Daewoo Truck Super New Model - Own development from Daewoo Motor Company Design Department, 1993.
- Daewoo Chasedae (Next Generation) - Own development from Daewoo Motor Company Design Department, 1995.
- "INDIA: Tata Daewoo commercial vehicles to be assembled in Pakistan". www.just-auto.com. 20 December 2005.
- Oct 2009, 19; Ist, 11:53 Am. "Tata Daewoo told to recall 3276 trucks in S Korea" – via economictimes.indiatimes.com.
- India, Press Trust Of (19 October 2009). "Tata Daewoo told to recall 3,276 trucks in S Korea" – via Business Standard.
- "Tata Daewoo launches heavy truck in South Korea". WardsAuto. 11 June 2004.
- "Tata Daewoo launches heavy truck in South Korea". Automotive News. 11 June 2004.
- "Los camiones Tata Daewoo equiparán motores Euro 6 de FTP Industrial - Camión Actualidad-Noticias de camiones y Furgonetas". www.camionactualidad.es.