Tata Housing Development Company
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Founded||Mumbai, India (1984)|
|Sanjay Dutt MD|
Tata Housing Development Company (THDC) is a fully owned subsidiary of Tata Sons, a holding company of the Tata Group.
The company was established in 1984 by the late JRD Tata. It was revived in 2006 under the leadership of Brotin Banerjee, Managing Director and CEO of Tata Housing Development Company Limited. Its current Managing Director is Sanjay Dutt.
Since 2006 the company has developed into one of leading real estate development company and has built many landmark projects across India. Tata Housing pioneered the concept of low-cost housing aimed at the economically weaker section of society. It pioneered the concept of sustainable green development with its first commercial project – Xylem in Bengaluru (Bengaluru's first sustainable IT park). The project was awarded a gold certification by LEED, and since then every project of Tata Housing, from low-cost housing and affordable housing to ultra premium luxury projects, are all sustainable green developments certified by the Indian Green Building Council.
The company currently[when?] has 45 million sq.ft under various stages of development.
In 2010, Tata Housing launched Tata Value Homes, its 100% subsidiary to cater to low-cost and affordable housing in India in the price range of Rs. 4–10 Lacs, with the vision of bridging the huge shortfall of over 26 million households in India.
The company has constructed many projects – integrated mixed use townships, commercial/retail complexes, budget housing and premium luxury housing projects.
The projects have been constructed in major Indian cities – Kolkata, Gurugram, Mumbai, Bhubaneswar, Pune, Bangalore, Cochin among others.
- ^ a b Babar, Kailash. "Real-estate veteran Sanjay Dutt to join Tata Housing as MD". The Economic Times.
- ^ "Tata Group | Our businesses | Tata companies | Tata Housing Development Company". Tata.com. Retrieved 28 September 2010.
- ^ "After Nano, Tatas offer flats for Rs 4 lakh!". Rediff. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- ^ Kamath, Raghavendra (10 May 2009). "Tata Housing eyes Rs 700 cr from low-cost projects". Business Standard India. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- ^ "| Affordable Residential Properties across India". Tata value homes. Retrieved 7 December 2015.
- ^ a b "Now, Tata Housing to sell properties on Amazon India". businesstoday.in. 18 January 2016.
- Tata Group
- Real estate companies of India
- Real estate companies based in Mumbai
- Indian companies established in 1984
- Construction and civil engineering companies established in 1984
- Construction and civil engineering companies of India
- 1984 establishments in Maharashtra
- Real estate companies established in 1984