Tata Interactive Systems
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Mumbai and Kolkata, India|
|Saurabh Mittal is the COO & Head Operations and Marketing|
|Services||E-learning services and solutions|
Number of employees
Tata Interactive Systems (TIS) is an Indian developer of custom e-learning based in Mumbai, Maharashtra. TIS is represented across the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, the Middle East, India, UK, Netherlands and Switzerland. TIS offers corporations, universities, schools, publishers and government institutions training including simulations, story based learning, courseware and curriculum design & development, special-needs education, assessment tools, electronic performance support systems (EPSS), mobile learning, game-based learning, consulting services and training outsourcing services. TIS is a part of the $100bn Tata Group.
TIS is the only e-learning organization in the world to be assessed at Level 5 in both the SEI-CMM (Carnegie Mellon University Software Engineering Institute’s Capability Maturity Model) and P-CMM (People-Capability Maturity Model) frameworks.
1990 – TIS founded
1991 – Developed India’s first Computer-based Training (CBT) product and got its first export order
1994 – First US and Europe orders
1995 – First simulation-based CBT on Waste Water Treatment Plant
1996 – TIS enters UK market; proposes and designs Website for the Tata Group
2002 – Enters the Middle East and Australia markets
2004 – Opens a new Development Center in Kolkata, India
2006 – Acquires TOPSIM, a simulations company in Germany and Tertia Edusoft AG a Swiss e-learning company
2007 – Expands operations in Germany and Northern Europe by setting up offices in Köln and Amsterdam
2011 - Launched CLASS EDGE, a comprehensive learning solution for Indian Schools
Tata Interactive Systems creates about 3000 hours of e-learning content annually for more than 50 Fortune 500 clients. Currently, TIS has an 800+ strong team working on 220+ concurrent projects. It has achieved a 75% win-rate on proposals and has won more than 60 e-learning awards including the Performance Centered Design, ASTD, IT Training, Brandon Hall Excellence in Learning, APEX, BETT, BIMA, and Business World-NID Excellence awards.
Products and Services
Tata Interactive sells products and services to corporate entities, educational institutions, and governments. Services provided are customized to meet client needs. Software products include business simulations, learning portals and content management systems. Services include training in a range of corporate methods and practices. Educational products include virtual Labs, special needs education tools, mathematics education tools (SPARKMath), and instructional courseware.
- Sweet Rush
- InfoPro Learning
- Allen Interactions
- Sify eLearning Solutions
- Upside Learning
- TRS Forms and Services
- Special Correspondent. "Business / Companies : Tata Interactive Systems deepens engagement in school segment". The Hindu. Retrieved 2011-02-23.
- "TATA Interactive Systems announces its entry into school segment". News.webindia123.com. Retrieved 2011-02-23.
- "Newswire - PR / Tata Interactive Systems Successively Bags Three Record Orders Globally - Education/e-Learning/Training - Bob Little Press & PR". NewswireToday. Retrieved 2011-02-23.
- "Tata Interactive Systems enters the school segment". Retrieved 2015-10-22.
- "Tata Interactive Systems Develops 2D Animation Series on Indian Mythology Being Televised... - MUMBAI, India, April 26, 2010 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/". India: Prnewswire.com. 2010-04-26. Retrieved 2011-02-23.
- "Tata Interactive Systems Wins Brandon Hall Learning Award for Second Consecutive Year". Prnewswire.co.uk. 2010-11-22. Retrieved 2011-02-23.
- "Top 10 eLearning Companies". elearningindustry.com. Retrieved 2015-10-22.
- "Top 20 Training Outsourcing Companies". trainingindustry.com. Retrieved 2016-09-08.