|Assembly||Ranjangaon, Pune, India|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door Subcompact Crossover|
1.2L Revotron Turbo I4 petrol|
1.5L Revotorq Turbo I4 diesel
|Wheelbase||2,498 mm (98.3 in)|
|Length||3,994 mm (157.2 in)|
|Width||1,811 mm (71.3 in)|
|Height||1,607 mm (63.3 in)|
The Tata Nexon is a subcompact, front-wheel drive crossover 3.99 meters long with a five-door body; first debut as a prototype exhibited at the New Delhi Motor Show in 2014. The final model was presented in 2016. It is Tata's first compact crossover.
Based on the revised Tata X1 platform debuted in 1998 with the Indica model and adopted by other Indian brand cars. Use independent front suspensions McPherson dual-path strut with coil spring and rear twist beam with coil spring and shock absorber. The wheelbase is 2.498 meters. It is characterised by two-tone paint, LED headlamps and large chrome bands along the side.
The engines are developed by Tata Motors and Austrian engineering company AVL: the petrol is the 1.2 Revotron four cylinder turbo 16V that delivers 82kW (110hp) and 170 Nm of maximum torque combined with a 6-speed manual transmission or 6-speed automatic, the diesel is a 1.5 Revotorq common rail 16V 82kW (110hp) and 260 Nm of maximum torque, also paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox or 6-speed automatic. The automatic versions have 3 different driving settings. In 2018 Tata added a panoramic sunroof option.
- "Tata Nexon, la piccola ha un futuro" [Tata Nexon, the subcompact has a future]. Al Volante (in Italian). 6 March 2014.
- "Tata Nexon is the last model on the X1 platform". Indianautosblog.com. 2 August 2017. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Tata Motors announces the nationwide launch of TATA NEXON A.M.T. with HyperDrive Self-Shift Gears". Tata Motors. 2 May 2018. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Tata Nexon now gets a sunroof". Cartorq.com. 3 May 2018. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Tata Nexon series production commences at Ranjangaon plant". Indianautosblog.com. 20 July 2017. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- "Bookings of the new bold and sporty SUV – Tata Nexon to commence from 11th September, nationally". Tata Motors. 6 September 2017. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tata Nexon.|
Tata road car timeline, Indian market, 1990s–present
|Crossover utility vehicle (CUV)||Aria|