|Starbucks "A TATA Company"|
|Tata Starbucks limited|
|Founded||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India (19 October 2012 )|
|Headquarters||Tower 2, Indiabulls Finance Center, Senapati Bapat Marg, Elphinstone Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.|
Number of locations
|101 stores (October 2017)|
|Revenue||₹272 crore (US$40 million) (FY17)|
|₹-32 crore (US$−4.7 million)|
Number of employees
|1200+ (May 2016)|
TATA Starbucks Private Limited, formerly known as Tata Starbucks Limited, is a 50:50 joint venture company, owned by Tata Global Beverages and Starbucks Corporation, that owns and operates Starbucks outlets in India. The outlets are branded Starbucks "A Tata Alliance".
In January 2011, Starbucks Corporation and Tata Coffee announced plans to begin opening Starbucks locations in India. Despite a false start in 2007, in January 2012 Starbucks finally announced a 50:50 joint venture with Tata Global Beverages, called Tata Starbucks Ltd., which would own and operate outlets branded "Starbucks, A Tata Alliance". Starbucks had previously attempted to enter the Indian market in 2007. Starbucks did not cite any reason for the withdrawal.
On 19 October 2012, Starbucks opened its first store in India, measuring 4500 sq ft in Elphinstone Building, Horniman Circle, Mumbai. Starbucks opened its first roasting and packaging plant to supply its Indian outlets in Coorg, Karnataka in 2013.
Starbucks expanded its presence to Delhi on 24 January 2013 by opening 2 outlets at Terminal III of the Indira Gandhi International Airport, and later one in Connaught Place. Tata Global Beverages announced in 2013 that they would have 50 locations by the end of the year, with an investment of ₹4 billion (US$58 million). However, the company would open its 50th store in India only on 8 July 2014.
The third city of India to get a Starbucks outlet was Pune, where the company opened an outlet at Koregaon Park, on 8 September 2013. Starbucks opened a 3,000-square-foot flagship store at Koramangala, Bangalore on 22 November 2013, making it the fourth city to have an outlet.
Apart from the usual products offered internationally, Starbucks in India has some Indian style product offerings such as Tandoori Paneer Roll, Chocolate Rossomalai Mousse, Malai Chom Chom Tiramisu, Elaichi Mewa Croissant, Chicken Kathi Roll and Murg Tikka Panini to suit Indian customers. All espressos sold in Indian outlets are made from Indian roasted coffees supplied by Tata Coffee. Starbucks also sells Himalayan bottled mineral water. Free Wi-Fi is available at all Starbucks stores.
In January 2017, Tata Starbucks introduced Starbucks' tea brand Teavana offering 18 different varieties of tea across its outlets in India. One of the varieties, called the India Spice Majesty Blend, was specifically developed for the Indian market and is exclusively sold only in India. India Spice Majesty Blend is a blend of full leaf Assam black tea infused with whole cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, pepper, star anise and ginger.
On 15 June 2015, Tata Starbucks announced that it was suspending the use of ingredients that had not been approved by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI). The company did not specify what the ingredients were or which products they were used. The company also stated that it was in the process of applying for FSSAI approval for these ingredients.
According to the Latte Index, a ranking of the cost of a tall hot latte at Starbucks in 44 countries, India was the fifth most expensive country to purchase the beverage based on January 2016 prices. The index published by US-based consumer research firm ValuePenguin found that a tall hot latte cost US$7.99 in India, far higher than the $2.75 it costs in the cheapest country, the United States, but much lower than the $12.32 in the most expensive country, Russia.
As of April 2018, Starbucks operates 101 outlets in 7 cities of India. The 100th store came up at Kamala Mills in Mumbai. 
|State/Region||City||No. of Outlets||First outlet|
|Delhi||New Delhi||17||24 January 2013|
|Delhi NCR||Gurgaon||7||10 July 2013|
|Delhi NCR||Noida||1||15 February 2016|
|Maharashtra||Mumbai||41||19 October 2012|
|Pune||10||8 September 2013|
|Karnataka||Bangalore||16||22 November 2013|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai||5||8 July 2014|
|Telangana||Hyderabad||7||1 October 2014|
|West Bengal||Kolkata||4||21 March 2018|
The Tata Group and Starbucks Corporation also collaborate on some ventures outside India. Starbucks Reserve Tata Nullore Estates, the first-ever Starbucks Reserve coffee sourced exclusively from India, became the first Indian coffee to be roasted and sold at Starbucks home city of Seattle in 2016. The coffee was later rolled out across Starbucks outlets in the United States. In the same year, Starbucks began selling Himalayan bottled mineral water at its outlets in Singapore and also began retailing its products on board all flights of Vistara, a joint venture between the Tata Group and Singapore Airlines.
- "Tata appoints Sumi Ghosh". Business Standard. 2015-12-17. Retrieved 2015-12-17.
- "Starbucks hints at training aid to retain talent at Indian JV". The Hindu. 2014-07-08. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Starbucks to open first India store in Oct, appoints chief executive : India, News - India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 28 September 2012. Retrieved 3 October 2012.
- Business Standard (29 September 2012). "The lady who knows what's brewing at Tata Starbucks". Business-standard.com. Retrieved 3 October 2012.
- "Tata Coffee brings Starbucks to India". Business-standard.com. 14 January 2011. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- Chatterjee, Saikat (20 July 2007). "Starbucks Delays India Entry, Withdraws Application (Update2)". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 15 April 2009.
- "Tata Global Beverages and Starbucks Form Joint Venture to Open Starbucks Cafés across India". Starbucks Press Release. Archived from the original on 4 February 2012. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "Starbucks set for festive season flag-off from Mumbai". The Times Of India. 26 June 2012.
- "First look at Starbucks' India store". Businesstoday.intoday.in. 7 July 2013. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- Special Correspondent. "Business / Companies : Starbucks India Store in Mumbai 28".
- Pandey, Piyush. "Tata, Starbucks to extend their partnership beyond India". The Hindu. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- "Tata Starbucks opens two outlets in Delhi". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 25 January 2013. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- "Starbucks opens in central Delhi". The Economic Times. 7 February 2013. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- "Starbucks adds three more outlets to its network in India". The Economic Times. 3 June 2013. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- "Starbucks adds two more stores in Mumbai | Business Standard News". Business-standard.com. 2013-09-10. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Tata Starbucks forays into Chennai; takes tally of stores to 50 - Economic Times". Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. 2014-07-08. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Tata Starbucks opens Chennai outlet; Hyderabad next". Financial Express. 2014-07-09. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Tata Starbucks opens first Chennai store". Livemint. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Tata Starbucks to open Pune outlet on Sunday". The Times Of India. 5 September 2013.
- "Starbucks to Open First Store in Pune - NDTV Food". Cooks.ndtv.com. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Starbucks Continues Expansion in India with Opening of New Flagship Store in Bangalore | Starbucks Newsroom". News.starbucks.com. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Tata Starbucks opens its first cafe in Bangalore". Livemint. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Starbucks opens first store in Bangalore". The Seattle Times. 2013-11-22. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Starbucks opens first store in Bangalore, plans 2 more by yr-end". Firstpost. 2013-11-22. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- India, Press Trust of (27 September 2016). "Tata Starbucks revenue up 39% in 2015-16 at Rs 235 cr". Business Standard India. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- "Starbucks opens three new stores in Delhi and Mumbai". Indiaretailing.com. 4 June 2013. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- Correspondent, Special. "Tata Starbucks introduces Teavana to serve tea in India". The Hindu. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- "India among the most expensive places to order a Starbucks latte". Mint. 12 May 2017. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- official website of TATA Starbucks, retrieved 21 July 2014.
- "Starbucks opens first outlet in Gurgaon, tally at 8 in Delhi-NCR - Business Today". Businesstoday.intoday.in. 2013-07-10. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "Starbucks Opens its First Store in Gurgaon - NDTV Food". Cooks.ndtv.com. 2013-07-10. Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "New entry in Noida mal -mile this month". Times of India. 2015-09-18. Retrieved 2015-09-18.
- "Starbucks stores in Tamil Nadu". Starbucks.in. 2016-01-19. Retrieved 2016-01-19.
- "Starbucks extends Tata partnership beyond India - The Economic Times". The Economic Times. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Starbucks Coffee in India.|