Samut Prakan, Thailand (TAAP)
|Designer||Thomas Ashton, Design Director, Concept Group International LTD UK|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||4-door Pickup|
|Related||Tata Sumo Grande|
|Engine||2.2 L common rail turbodiesel|
|Wheelbase||2,650 mm (104.3 in)|
|Length||5,125 mm (201.8 in)|
|Width||1,860 mm (73.2 in)|
|Height||1,765 mm (69.5 in)|
|Curb weight||1,900 kg (4,189 lb)|
Tata Xenon is a pickup truck manufactured by Tata Motors. It was debuted as redesigned Tata TL at the 2006 Bologna Motor Show. Released in late 2007 as the Tata Xenon. The Xenon is powered by newly developed 2.2L common rail turbodiesel 140 PS (103 kW) engine (DICOR)[i.e. Direct injection Common Rail]. This also featured the extended cab (X-Tend cab) for the first time but to the selected markets. The new Xenon will be launched in many countries around the world, whereas in India its platform also gives rise to the Tata Sumo Grande, a passenger variant from Tata.
The car is assembled in Thailand by Tata-Thonburi JV, and in Argentina by Tata-Fiat JV. Fiat's first body-on frame pickup will have the same styling as Tata Xenon and is to be named Fiat Terra. A variant, Xenon XT (Cross Terrain), a life style 4-door, 5-seater pick-up was launched in 2009. The vehicle combines stylish on-road presence and comfortable interiors with off-road capabilities of a 4x4. The Xenon has been well received in Europe especially in Spain and Italy
SPRINT was the code name of the project for development of Tata's World Pick-up (truck), it was designed by the Concept Group UK along with the Tata Sumo Grande. World Pick-up market (other than USA and Malaysia) is dominated by Japanese Auto majors like Toyota, Isuzu, Mitsubishi, Nissan. As per the study conducted by Tata Motors, there is a big opportunity for TML to grab substantial market share of world Pick-up market. Tata initiated an in-depth market study was conducted in various countries in Europe, Middle East, South Africa, Thailand, Australia, LAT AM etc. to understand needs of target segments from a new Pick-up.
- "Indians in Thailand - Tata launches Xenon Pickup in Bangkok International Motor Show". Thaindian.com. 2008-03-28. Retrieved 2010-11-14.
- "Tata Motors & Thonburi of Thailand set up joint venture in Thailand for pickup trucks". Tatamotors.com. Retrieved 2010-11-14.
- "Fiat and Tata announce agreement for pick-up production in Argentina". Tatamotors.com. Retrieved 2010-11-14.
- "Google Image Result for http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o201/sportboy_2007/FiatPick-up01copy.jpg". Images.google.com. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- "Article: Tata's TL Sprint previews Fiat pickup.(News) - Automotive News Europe | HighBeam Research - FREE trial". Highbeam.com. 2006-12-11. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- re (2008-01-13). "italiaspeed.com". italiaspeed.com. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
|Tata road car timeline, Indian market, 1990s–present|
|SUV||Sierra||Safari TCIC||Safari dicor|
|This truck-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|