Tates Creek High School
|Tates Creek High School|
1111 Centre Parkway
|School district||Fayette County Public Schools|
|Nickname||Commodores and Lady Commodores|
Tates Creek High School (TCHS) is a public school in Lexington, Kentucky. It is located at 1111 Centre Parkway with a ZIP code of 40517. It is in southeastern Lexington between Gainesway and Southeastern Hills Subdivisions. The school is one of six high schools in the Fayette County Public Schools district. It is the only high school in Fayette County to have the International Baccalaureate Programme.
Tates Creek High School was built in 1965 as the last of three schools on the Tates Creek Campus. (Tates Creek Elementary School and Tates Creek Middle School being the other two.) In 1993, Tates Creek High underwent renovations to significantly increase its size. In August 2018, it was announced that Tates Creek would undergo a renovation, with construction expected to start in 2020 and renovation to be completed in 2022.
The TCHS teams are known as the Commodores with the school colors being maroon and white. The athletic teams and organizations associated with TCHS are:
- Basketball (Men and Women)
- Cross Country (Men and Women)
- Dance Team
- Golf (Men and Women)
- Lacrosse (Men)
- Soccer (Men and Women)
- Softball (Women)
- Swimming and Diving (Men and Women)
- Tennis (Men and Women)
- Track and Field (Men and Women)
- Volleyball (Women)
- Marching Band (Men and Women)
- Lacrosse (Men)
- Archery Team
This section needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Baseball - 1978, 1980, 1986, 2019
- Cheerleading - 1989, 1997
- Football - 1972, 1978 (4A at large)
- Men's Golf - 1980
- Men's Gymnastics - 1972, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981
- Women's Gymnastics - 1969, 1971, 1979, 1980
- Men's Soccer - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1985, 1988
- Women's Tennis - 1968, 1969, 1970, 1972, 1982, 1983
- Men's Track - 1973
- Women’s Track - 2019
- Lacrosse (Division II) - 2007, 2012
- Women's Soccer - 2012
In 2012, the Tates Creek girls soccer team won their first championship.
- David Akers a former football player of the Philadelphia Eagles of the NFL.
- John Douglas (graduated 1973), conductor and music educator 
- Trevor Gott (graduated 2010) a Major League Baseball pitcher of the Washington Nationals.  Former pitcher for the University of Kentucky. 
- Darrin Horn, former NCAA basketball player, and former men's head coach at Western Kentucky University and the University of South Carolina. 
- Kevin Jarvis, former Major League Baseball pitcher, currently a scout for the San Diego Padres
- Brian Littrell, of the Backstreet Boys. 
- "Tates Creek High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved January 27, 2019.
- "Tates Creek High School". Fayette County Public Schools. Retrieved 2 January 2012.
- "This Lexington high school was built in 1965. It's about to get a big renovation". Lexington Herald-Leader. August 14, 2018.
- "Our school/School history". Fcps.net.
- Maloney, Mark (November 3, 2012). "Tates Creek girls win first state soccer title". Lexington Herald-Leader.
- "Kevin Jarvis Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved November 15, 2012.