In the harbour of La Rochelle
|Port of registry||Cayman Islands|
|Length||92.40 m (303.1 ft)|
|Beam||14.90 m (48.9 ft)|
|Draft||4.30 m (14.1 ft)|
|Installed power||2 × 4,400 hp (3,300 kW)|
|Speed||19 knots (35 km/h; 22 mph)|
|Range||5,000 nmi (9,300 km; 5,800 mi)|
Tatoosh is a 303-foot (92 m) private yacht owned by the estate of Paul Allen.
Originally built for mobile phone magnate Craig McCaw, Tatoosh was built at Rendsburg in Germany by Nobiskrug and completed in June 2000. Design and Construction by Kusch Yachts. It was purchased by Paul Allen in 2001 at a reported cost of $100 million.
In May 2010, Tatoosh was listed for sale with Fraser Yachts, listed at €125 million. The listing was withdrawn in 2014 after failing to attract a buyer. In June 2021, she was again on the market, this time listed at €90 million.
In January 2016, Tatoosh destroyed 14,000 square feet of coral reef in the West Bay replenishment zone in the Cayman Islands according to officials. The owners of the Tatoosh released a statement that the mooring location was explicitly directed by the local port authority.
Tatoosh's features include:
- Five decks;
- a master suite, a saloon and other rooms on the top deck;
- a saloon with a French limestone fireplace, a dining area, staterooms and a ladies' powder room on the main deck;
- a shaded 6 feet (1.8 m) deep swimming pool with adjustable floor in depth, located aft on the main deck beneath a full overhang;
- a movie theatre;
- facilities to transport two helicopters on the top two decks;
- custom 46 feet (14 m) power and sailboats
- "Gallery Superyacht Tatoosh". Nobiskrug. Archived from the original on 28 September 2007.
- "M.Y. Tatoosh". Kusch Yachts. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- "McCaw selling houses, planes and boats in downsizing effort". Puget Sound Business Journal. Seattle. 28 September 2001.
- Johnson, RW (3 September 2006). "Playboy waits for his African throne". The Sunday Times. London.
- "Tatoosh". Fraser Yachts. Retrieved 20 July 2013.
- de Waard, Merijn (5 May 2010). "Superyacht Tatoosh for sale with Fraser Yachts". Superyacht Times.
- "Tatoosh". Yatco. Retrieved 23 June 2021.
- Oliver Milman (28 January 2016). "Microsoft co-founder's yacht tears up protected coral reef in Cayman Islands". Guardian News.
- Alexander Smith and Shamar Walters (29 January 2016). "Paul Allen's Firm Working With Caymans Amid Reports Yacht Damaged Reef". NBC News.
- Byrne, Diane M. (January 2003). "America's 200 Largest Yachts 2002". Power & Motoryacht.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to IMO 1006336.|