This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Takaiwa in April 2012.
|Birth name||Tatsuhito Takaiwa (高岩竜一 Takaiwa Tatsuhito)|
July 5, 1972 |
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Black Tiger (V)
|Billed height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Billed weight||97 kg (214 lb)|
|Trained by||NJPW Dojo|
|Debut||July 21, 1992|
Tatsuhito Takaiwa (高岩竜一 Takaiwa Tatsuhito, born July 5, 1972) is a Zainichi-Korean professional wrestler. Takaiwa is one of the more well-traveled junior heavyweights in Japan, having wrestled for New Japan, and Zero1, as well as making special appearances in All Japan and NOAH.
He formed a successful tag team with Shinjiro Otani during the 1990s and won the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Titles in 1998 and 1999. As a former holder of the Zero-One International Jr. Heavyweight Title, IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title and the Pro Wrestling Noah GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title as well, he was the AWA World Jr. Heavyweight Title.
On February 15, 2009, Takaiwa debuted as the fifth Black Tiger, breaking the Black Tiger tradition of foreigners under the mask, by attacking Tiger Mask. On June 20, 2009, at Dominion 6.20 Tiger Mask defeated him in a mask vs. mask match and afterwards Takaiwa revealed his identity by removing his mask. Takaiwa lost his mask as Black Tiger V for the second time on May 14, 2011, when he was defeated at a Toryumon Mexico event by Último Dragón. Despite losing his mask twice, Takaiwa continues to make appearances as Black Tiger V.
- Finishing moves
- Signature moves
Championships and accomplishments
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Pro Wrestling Noah
- AWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- AWA/Zero1-Max/UPW/WORLD-1 International Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Tomohiro Ishii (1) and Shinjiro Otani (2)
- NWA/UPW/Zero-One International Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- WWA World Junior Light Heavyweight Championship (Disputed Branch) (1 time)
- World-1 Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Tenkaichi Jr. (2004, 2008)
- Tenryu Project
- WAR International Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Shinjiro Otani
Luchas de Apuestas record
|Winner (wager)||Loser (wager)||Location||Event||Date||Notes|
|Tiger Mask (mask)||Black Tiger (mask)||Osaka, Japan||Dominion 6.20||June 20, 2009|||
|Último Dragón (mask)||Black Tiger (mask)||Mexico City, Mexico||Dragonmania VI||May 14, 2011|||
- 2006: Takao Omori and Tatsuhito Takaiwa defeated Tatsutoshi Goto and Tadao Yasuda. Martinez, Ryan (2009-02-26). "This day in history: Bischoff gives away Raw, first WWF European Champ crowned, AWA Champion at MSG and more". Retrieved 2016-09-27.
- "(Results) New Japan, 6/20/09". Strong Style Spirit. 2009-06-20. Retrieved 2011-01-23.
- Lizárraga, Alfonso (2011-05-15). "Ultimo Dragon gana la mascara Black Tiger V". The Gladiatores (in Spanish). Retrieved 2011-05-16.
- 吉江と黒虎が「ももクロ軍」結成. Tokyo Sports (in Japanese). 2013-02-13. Retrieved 2013-02-13.
- "11月24日（木）東京・後楽園ホール". Chō Sentō Puroresu FMW (in Japanese). Archived from the original on 2016-11-25. Retrieved 2016-11-25.
- "『ガンバレ☆プロレス〜第二章 2nd Season〜 vol.2』". Dramatic Dream Team (in Japanese). Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- "Cruiser's Game 11". Dramatic Dream Team (in Japanese). Retrieved 2013-06-02.
- "9月23日後楽園ホール大会試合結果". Pro Wrestling Zero1 (in Japanese). Retrieved September 23, 2015.
- Tatsuhito Takaiwa was wrestling Naohiro Hoshikawa in a cage match for Zero-One in Japan, Hoshikawa went into coma ending the match. Bixenspan, David (2009-12-09). "Wrestling and head trauma: More than just Chris Benoit and Test". Japanese Wrestling (AJPW/NJPW). Retrieved 2016-09-27.
- Lentz III, Harris M. (2003-01-01). Biographical Dictionary of Professional Wrestling. Lentz's Performing Arts Obituaries Series (2 ed.). McFarland. pp. 263, 346. ISBN 9780786417544.