Tatsuya Tanaka (footballer)
Tanaka in 2011
|Full name||Tatsuya Tanaka|
|Date of birth||27 November 1982|
|Place of birth||Shūnan, Yamaguchi, Japan|
|Height||1.67 m (5 ft 5 1⁄2 in)|
|1998–2000||Teikyo High School|
|2001–2012||Urawa Red Diamonds||233||(56)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 January 2015.
When he was at Shūyō Junior High School, he represented Yamaguchi Prefecture with future international teammate Seiichiro Maki. He went on to football powerhouse Teikyo High School. While at Teikyo, Tanaka was chosen as one of the Designated Players for Development by J. League and JFA. Because of this status, he was able to register as a FC Tokyo player while he was still eligible to play for his high school club.
He represented Japan at several underage levels. He was part of the Japanese 2004 Olympic football team eliminated in the first round after finishing fourth in group B, below group winners Paraguay, Italy, and Ghana.
He made his international debut on 31 July 2005 in an East Asian Cup against North Korea when he replaced Keiji Tamada in the 67th minute. He scored his first international goal on 3 August 2005 against China in the same tournament. His most recent goal came against Qatar on 19 November 2008.
- As of 1 January 2015
|Club||Season||League||Emperor's Cup||J. League Cup||Continental1||Other2||Total|
|Urawa Red Diamonds||2001||19||3||0||0||4||0||–||–||23||3|
- As of 14 November 2013
Awards and honours
- Urawa Red Diamonds
- J. League Division 1 (1): 2006
- Emperor's Cup (2): 2005, 2006
- J. League Cup (1): 2003
- AFC Champions League (1): 2007
- Japanese Super Cup (1): 2006
- "FIFA Player Statistics: Tatsuya TANAKA". FIFA. Retrieved 17 November 2013.
- "Players-2013 J.League Division1 Albirex Niigata". J. League. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- "Tanaka rescues point for Japan at East Asian championship". Kyodo News/Japan Times. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- "East Asian Championship 2005". RSSSF. Retrieved 14 November 2013.
- "Stats Centre: Tatsuya Tanaka Facts". Guardian.co.uk. Retrieved 22 February 2010.
- Tatsuya Tanaka at National-Football-Teams.com