|Birth name||Piotr Kowalczyk|
|Born||June 25, 1986|
Piotr Kowalczyk (Polish pronunciation: [ˈpjɔtr kɔˈvalt͡ʂɨk]) (born June 25, 1986), better known under his stage name Tau ([ˈtaw]), and formerly as Medium ([mɛdium]), is a Polish rapper, vocalist, beatboxer and hip-hop producer. In 2008, he released his underground debut album Seans spirytystyczny (Séance) under the name Medium. His next underground album Alternatywne źródło energii (Alternative Energy Source) was released in 2010, which helped Medium to be spotted by Marcin "Tytus" Grabski, CEO of Asfalt Records, who offered him a contract.
On November 22, 2011, Tau released his official debut album (performing as Medium) titled Teoria równoległych wszechświatów (The Theory of Parallel Universes), which, despite slight promotion, sold over eight thousand copies in Poland.
In 2012 Tau announced that he had converted to Christianity. A few months later he released his second album Graal (Holy Grail). The album was highly criticized by many reviewers due to its radical lyrics. In 2013, Medium and producer Galus formed a one-album-group Egzegeza. The album Księga słów (The Book of Words) was released on June 28, 2013 in a limited number of copies.
On December 6, 2013, Medium announced that he had changed his pseudonym to Tau due to the fact that his name Medium may have been seen as connected to mediumship practice, which is in opposition to Christian philosophy. A few days later, on December 13, 2013, he declared that he left Asfalt Records in order to form his own label, Bozon Records.
On August 10, 2015, Tau posted a picture on his Facebook profile with a caption that he had finished making a new album. A few days later he said that it is almost sure that the album would be released in November 2015. On October 21, 2015, Tau revealed that his new project was to be titled Restaurator and it was going to be released on December 15, 2015. On December, 2015, Tau said he also was writing an autobiography entitled "Odszukany" (pol. Found), yet not release data was set.
In 2016 rapper stopped touring, saying that he wanted to focus on his new project that he had been working on for a while. On January 8, 2017, a single entitled "ON" was released which was to announce a new album and launching a new charitable foundation, both known as On. On February 28, 2017, the second single "Newsletter" was released. ON was eventually released on May 26, 2017 as a double album, which was divided into two parts entitled "On" and "Off". The album debuted at #1 on the OLiS chart.
In 2018, the rapper said that his next album would be released. On December 2018, he posted a message saying that the album would be named Egzegeza: Księga Pszczół (Exegesis: The Book of Bees) and presented its cover. On January 9, 2019, the first single "Ul. Znaków zapytania" was released and the official pre-order was launched, and the rapper announced that the project would be released on March 1.
- Teoria równoległych wszechświatów (2011)
- Graal (2012)
- Remedium (2014)
- Restaurator (2015)
- On (2017)
- Egzegeza: Księga Pszczół (2019)
- "Tau - "Remedium"". cgm.pl. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "Nawrócenie Medium. Raper zmienił pseudonim". Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Medium sprzedał 8 tysięcy sztuk debiutanckiego albumu". Glamrap. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Medium nawraca - T-Mobile Music". T-Mobile Music. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Medium/Galus - "Egzegeza - Księga Słów"". cgm.pl. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Polski raper Medium zmienił pseudonim". muzyka.onet.pl. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- "Medium Opuszcza Asfalt Records!". Glamrap. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "Tau ze Złotą Płytą za "Remedium"! - Popkiller". Popkiller. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "Oficjalna lista sprzedaży :: OLiS - Official Retail Sales Chart". OLiS. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
- "Tau: "Drugi album zrobiony"". Glamrap. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "Drugi album tau'a w listopadzie". Glamrap. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "Tau napisze autobiografię. Będzie nosiła tytuł ,,Odszukany | wMeritum.pl". wMeritum.pl (in Polish). 31 December 2015. Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- "Video Dnia: Tau "On"". Popkiller. Retrieved 8 January 2017.
- "Tau - "Newsletter" - nowy klip zapowiadający album "ON"". www.cgm.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- "Tau (6) - On". Discogs. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- www.onyx.pl, Onyx Sp. z o.o., tel. +48 22 3377222,. "Oficjalna lista sprzedaży :: OLiS - Official Retail Sales Chart". olis.onyx.pl. Retrieved 8 June 2017.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)