Taurus Raging Bull
Taurus Raging Bull that holds six .44 Remington Magnum Rounds.
|Place of origin||Brazil|
|Weight||0.80–2.20 kg (1.8–4.9 lb)|
|Length||254–419 mm (10–16.5 in)|
|Barrel length||50.8–254 mm (2–10 in)|
|Action||Double action / single action|
In its larger calibers it is marketed as a hunter's sidearm because it is a potent weapon with plenty of stopping power. The .454 Casull cartridge has been used to hunt animals as large as Cape Buffalo and African elephants.
The Raging Bull has a ported barrel and a red rubber strip along the back of its grip (in some variants such as the Raging Hornet, this strip is yellow), which cushions the shooter's hand and lowers perceived recoil. Functionally, the Raging Bull has a manually operated front cylinder latch, whose release can be seen on the crane. Front cylinder latches are required for such high-powered double-action revolvers, and are found on the Ruger Super Redhawk and the S&W Model 500 revolver, but they are actuated by the rear cylinder latch. The manually operated latch on the Raging Bull is simpler (and thus less expensive to produce) yet equally strong, but requires two hands to open the cylinder.
The Raging Bull comes in several models, classified by caliber. Additionally, each model has its own barrel length and metal finish options.
- Model 218 (Raging Bee) (Discontinued)
- .218 Bee caliber, 10" barrel. Stainless steel only.
- Model 22H (Raging Hornet) (Discontinued)
- .22 Hornet caliber, 10" barrel. Stainless steel only.
- Model 223 (Raging 223)
- .223 Remington caliber, 10" barrel. Stainless steel only.
- Model 30C (Raging Thirty) (Discontinued)
- .30 Carbine caliber, 10" barrel. Stainless steel only.
- Model 416 (Discontinued)
- .41 Magnum caliber.
- Model 444
- .44 Magnum caliber, can also fire the shorter .44 Special.
- Model 444 Ultralite
- Compact .44 with a 4-inch barrel. Blued and titanium only.
- Model 454
- .454 Casull caliber, can also fire the less powerful .45 Colt.
- Model 480 (Discontinued)
- .480 Ruger caliber.
- Model 500 (Discontinued)
- .500 S&W Magnum caliber, can also fire the shorter .500 S&W Special.
- Model 513
- .454 Casull, .45 Colt, .410 bore - 6 shots caliber.
Optional finishes include stainless steel, matte stainless steel, nickel plated and blued. Barrel options include 2", 4", 6", 8", 10". Not all finishes or barrels are available for every model. All models have ported barrels, except for the 22H, 30C and Ultralite. All models have fixed front sights and adjustable rear sights.
The Raging Hornet and the Raging Thirty have yellow rubber insert strips, as opposed to the typical red strip.
According to Taurus' website, the Raging Bull in 500 S&W is discontinued as of December 2007.