|Company-Owned & Managed|
|Industry||Food & Beverage|
|Founded||New York, New York (2005)|
|Headquarters||New York, New York & Wood-Ridge, New Jersey, US - Seoul, South Korea|
|John-Paul Lee, Co-Founder & CEO
Chris Cason, Co-Founder & Tea Sommelier
Tea Beauty Products
Tavalon Tea is a New York City based tea company that sells premium loose-leaf teas and related tea products from all over the world. The music inspired tea company categorizes their blends and infusions as Mixes, Remixes, & Uncuts.
The company was founded in 2005 and soon opened their first Tavalon Tea Bar in Union Square Park in Manhattan. In January 2008, Tavalon Tea Bar was featured as the number 1 reason in Imbibe Magazine's "10 Things We Love About Tea" survey. Tavalon Tea is headquartered in New York, New York and operates a website for online retail purchases from their warehouse facility in Wood-Ridge, New Jersey.
Currently, Tavalon Tea is available through in over 1500 high-end restaurants/hotels/spas/corporations around the world, including Bloomingdale's, Hotel AKA, Koi, Morimoto, Goldman Sachs, Shinsegae, Benjamin's Steakhouse, JPMorganChase, Grand Hyatt, Hyundai Department Store, New York Life, and Ritz Carlton.
The company entered into the international markets in 2008 and currently operate offices in New Jersey and Seoul, Korea. Tavalon Korea, LTD (dba Tavalon Tea Korea) is a subsidiary entity of Tavalon, LLC (dba Tavalon Tea). The company's South Korean operations govern two shop-in-shop Tea Bars within the Hyundai Department Store and Shinsegae in Seoul as well as a complete wholesale and ecommerce business. In October 2011, Tavalon opened the doors to its flagship tea bar in Seoul, South Korea. The tea bar is located on the rooftop of Beyond Museum in Chungdamdong and approximately 2000 sq/ft.
- Tavalon Tea no longer operates its Union Square tea bar in New York City but is currently in the process of opening a new NYC flagship store at the Trump Place in Manhattan's upper west side. The location is currently under construction and expected to open its doors in January 2012.
Tavalon Tea collaborates with various charities and organizations throughout the United States. The company donates products, proceeds from sales, and holds events to raise funds for numerous charitable projects. UNICEF / Red Cross Haiti Relief & Development Fund / Seeds of Peace / Feeding America / Felix Foundation / Art of Farming / Korean American Community Foundation.
The company works with various entities both in New York City & Seoul including the Grammy Awards, Emmy Awards, Montblanc, Quintessentially, Momentum Women, Bvlgari, Juicy Couture, People Magazine, and WebMD. In 2010, Tavalon partnered with the International Emmy Awards, held in New York City, and served their signature teas and tea cocktails to honorees and guests. The company and the International Emmy Awards has partnered again for the festivities in 2011.
- http://www.businessinsider.com/hedge-funds-are-using-ping-pong-to-steal-youngsters-from-start-ups-2011-5 Tavalon featured in the Business Insider
- http://www.modbee.com/2011/11/06/1936454/workwise-how-young-businesses.html How Young Businesses Compete in Tough Industries
- http://www.artinfo.com/news/story/38727/the-fooderati-ate-well-for-a-good-cause-at-sothebys-mouth-watering-art-of-farming-gala/?page=1 Art of Farming Gala at Sotheby's
- http://www.iemmys.tv/festival.aspx The International Emmy Awards - 2011 Partners
- America.gov - featuring Tavalon Founders
- TheStreet.com - Interview with Tavalon CEO John-Paul Lee
- NPR Radio- Americans Turning their Attention to Tea
- New York Times - On East 14th Street, It's Always Time for Tea
- Business Week - Tavalon Tea in Business Week
- New York Post - New Courses: Tavalon Tea, featuring Tavalon founders
- The Modesto Bee - How Young Businesses Compete in Tough Industries
- DNAinfo.com- Tea Bar Upper West Side
- The International Emmy Awards - Partners