|Born||Julie E. Kitaen
August 5, 1961
San Diego, California, USA
|Spouse(s)||David Coverdale (1989–1991)
Chuck Finley (1997–2002)
Kitaen was born in San Diego, California, in 1961, the daughter of Linda (née Taylor), a housewife and a former beauty pageant participant, and Terry Kitaen, an employee of a neon sign company. Julie began using the name "Tawny" at the age of 12, on her own initiative.
Kitaen began her acting career in 1983 with a minor role in the television movie Malibu. In 1984, she starred as the title character of the erotic-adventure movie The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik-Yak (or Gwendoline). She also co-starred in the movie Bachelor Party as the bride-to-be of a young Tom Hanks, and was the star of the 1986 horror movie Witchboard. Kitaen appeared in several videos in the 1980s for the band Whitesnake, including the hits "Here I Go Again" and "Is This Love". She had recurring parts on multiple television series such as Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and co-hosted America's Funniest People from 1992 to 1994.
Kitaen was one of the cast of the sixth edition of the VH1 reality television show The Surreal Life, which began airing in March 2006. Kitaen also appeared in the second season of the VH1 reality TV show Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew, which began in October 2008.
Kitaen married Whitesnake lead singer David Coverdale in 1989. Nevertheless, she had an affair with O.J. Simpson during Simpson's marriage to Nicole Brown and her marriage to Coverdale. Kitaen divorced Coverdale in 1991 and was married to baseball player Chuck Finley from 1997 to 2002. She has two daughters, Wynter Finley (b. 1993) and Raine Finley (b. 1998).
In 2002, Kitaen was charged with domestic violence for an incident involving her then husband, professional baseball player Chuck Finley. Three days later, Finley filed for divorce. After a plea bargain, Kitaen agreed to "enter a spousal battery counseling program and avoid contact with Finley." The couple were married for five years and have two daughters, Wynter and Raine.
In November 2006, prosecutors charged Kitaen with possessing 15 grams of cocaine in her San Juan Capistrano home in Orange County. The authorities said her two children were home at the time and Kitaen had given deputies permission for the search. In December 2006, she entered a six-month rehabilitation program in exchange for the dismissal of a felony drug possession charge.
|1984||The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik-Yak||Gwendoline|
|1984||Bachelor Party||Debbie Thompson|
|1986||Crystal Heart||Alley Daniels|
|1987||Happy Hour||Misty Roberts|
|1993||Three of Hearts||Woman in Bar|
|2002||Happy Hour||Short film|
|2011||Here We Go Again||Short film|
|2014||Naked After Midnight||Rikki|
|1983||Malibu||Mahoney's girlfriend||TV film|
|1985||California Girls||Karen Malone||TV film|
|1986-1987||Capitol||Meredith Ross||TV series|
|1987||Glory Years||Melinda Murphy||TV film|
|1989||Santa Barbara||Lisa DiNapoli||Episode: "1.1211"|
|1989||Booker||Skylar Samperton||Episode: "Someone Stole Lucille"|
|1991||They Came From Outer Space||Monica Bates||Episode: "Sex, Lies & UFOs: Part 2"|
|1991||Shades of L.A.||Linda Makowski||Episodes: "Line of Fire: Parts 1 & 2"|
|1991||Veronica Clare||Episodes: "The Boxing Story", "Slow Violence"|
|1991||Seinfeld||Isabel||Episode: "The Nose Job"|
|1991-1993||New WKRP in Cincinnati, TheThe New WKRP in Cincinnati||Mona Loveland||Main role (18 episodes)|
|1992-1994||America's Funniest People||Cohost (with Dave Coulier)||Succeeded Arleen Sorkin|
|1992-1996||Eek! The Cat||Annabelle (voice)||Main role (39 episodes)|
|1994||Married... with Children||Dominique||Episode: "Shoeway to Heaven"|
|1994||Hercules and the Circle of Fire||Deianeira||TV film|
|1994||Hercules in the Underworld||Deianeira||TV film|
|1994||Hercules in the Maze of the Minotaur||Deianeira||TV film|
|1995||Burke's Law||Rhonda Dooley||Episode: "Who Killed Cock-a-Doodle Dooley?"|
|1995||Hercules: The Legendary Journeys||Deianeira||Episodes: "The Wrong Path", "The Other Side"|
|1997||Hercules: The Legendary Journeys||Deianeira||Episode: "When a Man Loves a Woman"|
|2011||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Lydia Kole||Episode: "Father of the Bride"|
- According to the State of California. California Birth Index, 1905-1995. Center for Health Statistics, California Department of Health Services, Sacramento, California. Searchable at http://www.familytreelegends.com/records/39461
- Time Waster. "Tawny Kitaen: Major League Hitter". The. Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- "Tawny Kitaen". The New York Times.
- "Seinfeld". Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- "Celebrity Rehab 2 with Dr. Drew | Show Cast, Episodes, Guides, Trailers, Web Exclusives, Previews". VH1.com. Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- Caryn James (March 15, 1987). "LOVE TRIANGLE IN 'WITCHBOARD'". The New York Times.
- ""VH1 Heads Back to Rehab With Dr. Drew Pinsky for a Second Season of 'Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew' "; June 10, 2008".
- TV Guide; June 23, 2008; Page 8
- ""Celebs Check Into Rehab 2 With Dr. Drew"; vh1.com; June 10, 2008.".
- Weller, Sheila (1995). The Raging Heart. New York, New York: Pocket Books. pp. 198, 210. ISBN 0-671-52145-4.
- "Tawny Kitaen and O. J. Simpson". Who's Dated Who?. Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- "Kitaen Files $12-Mil Lawsuit Against Ex". People Magazine. September 24, 2002.
- "Wife accepts Chuck Finley plea bargain". cbcsports. 2002-09-18.
- Faber, Judy (November 22, 2006). "Tawny Kitaen Faces Felony Drug Charges". CBS News Online. Retrieved 2008-12-31.
- "Tawny Kitaen enters drug rehab for cocaine - Celebrities - MSNBC.com".
- Vyas, Sunil; 'Bachelor Party' actress Tawny Kitaen in cocaine possession row earthtimes.org; November 23, 2006
- Reuters; Tawny Kitaen enters drug rehab for cocaine msnbc; December 18, 2006
- "Actress Tawny Kitaen arrested in Calif. for DUI". Associated Press. 2009-09-26.