Tax controversy is an area of legal practice involving tax disputes between tax collection entities such as the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and taxpayers, sometimes as the result of an audit. Legal services offered as part of a typical tax controversy practice can include assistance with audits, dealing with IRS and other tax collection agencies, negotiating settlements and representing taxpayers in the U.S. Tax Court and the U.S. Court of Appeals.
- Reilly, Peter J. "Tax Court IRS And Secret Law".
- "Tax Controversy Forum". www.scps.nyu.edu.
- "Law Events Calendar - Third Annual USD School of Law - RJS LAW Tax Controversy Institute - University of San Diego". www.sandiego.edu.
- "34th Annual Tax Controversy Institute - UCLA Extension Business, Management, and Legal Programs". www.uclaextension.edu.
- "Eighth Annual National Institute on Tax Controversy". www.americanbar.org. Archived from the original.
|This tax-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|