(Redirected from Taxonomic)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This disambiguation page is currently linked from a large number of articles. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Look up taxonomy in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Taxonomy (general) is the practice and science of classification of things or concepts, including the principles that underlie such classification.
Specific taxonomies include:
- Taxonomy (biology), a branch of science that encompasses the description, identification, nomenclature, and classification of organisms
- Alpha taxonomy, the description and basic classification of new species, subspecies, and other taxa
- Linnaean taxonomy meaning either of:
- the original classification scheme of Carl Linnaeus
- rank-based scientific classification as opposed to clade-based classification
- Evolutionary taxonomy, traditional post-Darwinian hierarchical biological classification
- Numerical taxonomy, a taxonomic method employing numeric algorithms
- Phenetics, a system for ordering species based on overall similarities
- Phylogenetics, based on characteristics derived from shared descent from common ancestors
- Virus classification, a system that places viruses in a taxonomic system
- Meteorology, a branch of science that includes the description, identification, nomenclature, and classification of clouds, precipitation, and photometeors.
- Folk taxonomy, the way people describe and organize their natural surroundings
- Nosology, a classification of diseases
- Soil classification deals with the systematic categorization of soils based on distinguishing characteristics
- Bull Pens deal with IT terms suggested by Operations in the business setting.
- Flynn's taxonomy, a classification of instruction level parallelism methods
- Folksonomy, classification based on user's tags
- Taxonomy for search engines as a tool to improve relevance of search in a vertical domain
Business and economics
- Corporate taxonomy, the hierarchical classification of entities of interest to an enterprise, organization or administration
- Economic taxonomy, a system of classification for economic activity
- Global Industry Classification Standard, an industry taxonomy developed by MSCI and Standard & Poor's (S&P)
- Industry Classification Benchmark, an industry classification taxonomy launched by Dow Jones and FTSE
- International Standard Industrial Classification (ISIC), a United Nations system for classifying economic data
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS), used in Canada, Mexico, and the United States of America
- Pavitt's Taxonomy, classification of firms by their principal sources of innovation
- Standard Industrial Classification, a system for classifying industries by a four-digit code
- United Kingdom Standard Industrial Classification of Economic Activities, a Standard Industrial Classification by type of economic activity
- Records management taxonomy, the representation of data, upon which the classification of unstructured content is based, within an organization.
- XBRL Taxonomy, eXtensible Business Reporting Language
- SRK taxonomy, in workplace user-interface design
Education and academia
- Bloom's taxonomy, a standardized categorization of learning objectives in an educational context
- Classification of Instructional Programs, a taxonomy of academic disciplines at institutions of higher education in the United States
- Mathematics Subject Classification, an alphanumerical classification scheme based on the coverage of Mathematical Reviews and Zentralblatt MATH
- SOLO taxonomy, Structure of Observed Learning Outcome, proposed by Biggs and Collis Tax
- Safety taxonomy, a standardized set of terminologies used within the fields of safety and health care
- Human Factors Analysis and Classification System, a system to identify the human causes of an accident
- Swiss cheese model, a model used in risk analysis and risk management propounded by Dante Orlandella and James T. Reason
- A taxonomy of rail incidents in Confidential Incident Reporting & Analysis System (CIRAS)
- ACM Computing Classification System, a subject classification system for computing devised by the Association for Computing Machinery
- Military taxonomy, a set of terms that describe various types of military operations and equipment
- Legal Taxonomy, a subject classification for law devised by Elizabeth Moys
- Taxon, a population of organisms that a taxonomist adjudges to be a unit
- Philosophical language
- Classification (disambiguation)
- Categorization, the process of dividing things into groups
- Ontology (information science), formal representation of knowledge as a set of concepts within a domain
- All pages beginning with "Taxonomy"
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Taxonomy.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.