|Industry||Sports equipment, textile|
|David Abeles (CEO)|
|Products||Golf clubs, balls, clothing|
|Parent||Centroid Investment Partners|
TaylorMade Golf Company is an American sports equipment manufacturing company based in Carlsbad, California, United States. The company focuses on the golf equipment market, producing golf clubs, balls, and clothing. TaylorMade Golf is currently a subsidiary of Centroid Investment partners after it was purchased from KPS Capital Partners in May 2021.
TaylorMade's initial success came with the innovation of metal drivers, which debuted in 1979 and have subsequently dominated the golf market. In September 2012, Outside magazine named TaylorMade one of America's "Best Places to Work".
Origins in Illinois
TaylorMade incorporated in 1979 after Gary Adams borrowed $24,000 on his house and leased a 6,000 square foot building in McHenry, Illinois. He originally had three employees and sold only one item, his newly invented 12-degree loft metalwood. The metalwood was unique in its steel construction - replacing persimmon as the primary material from which modern drivers are manufactured - and adopted the nickname "Pittsburgh Persimmon".
Starting with $47,000 in sales in 1979, the company eventually reached its first billion dollars in revenue in 2006, marking only the second time in history that a golf brand had achieved this milestone.
Purchase by Salomon Group (1984)
TaylorMade was independently owned until 1984, when Salomon S.A. acquired the company. At the time, the union was strategically compatible for both companies which were innovators in their industries: Salomon wanted to diversify and made the decision to enter a "three-season" market, and TaylorMade benefited from the worldwide resources of Salomon. This ownership maintained until Adidas bought Salomon in 1997.
Sale to Adidas (2005)
Shortly after the Adidas acquisition, the image and focus of TaylorMade were redirected to take over the driver market; the company succeeded in achieving this goal in late 2005, when it officially became the top driver in golf. TaylorMade bought golf clothing companies Ashworth in 2008 and Adams Golf in 2012.
Sale to KPS Capital Partners (2017)
Sale to Centroid Investment Partners (2021)
On February 2, 2021 the New York Times reported that KPS had hired Morgan Stanley to run a sale of Taylormade with a value estimated around US$2 billion. 
- Salomon Group (1984–2005)
- Adidas (2005–2017)
- KPS Capital Partners (2017-2021)
- Centroid Investment Partners (2021-present)
As with most golf equipment companies, TaylorMade maintain endorsement deals with many professional golfers on the leading tours, including past world number ones Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy, and Dustin Johnson. Most contracted players will have the majority, if not all, of their playing equipment supplied by the company. A few are only contracted for one item, such as Rickie Fowler whose deal only extends to golf balls.
- "TAYLORMADE GOLF COMPANY, INC. TO BE ACQUIRED BY CENTROID INVESTMENT PARTNERS - TaylorMade Golf (news)". newsroom.taylormadegolf.com. Retrieved 2021-09-11.
- "History of Taylor Made Golf Co. – FundingUniverse". www.fundinguniverse.com.
- "TaylorMade named one of Outside's best places to work". PGA.com.
- "Golf Equipment That Changed the Game". Golf.com.
- Mike Camunas. "TaylorMade Golf History".
- News, Bloomberg (1997-09-17). "Adidas to Buy Salomon, a French Sports Company". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-11-07.
- Matuszewski, Erik. "This Week In Golf Biz: TaylorMade Is Sold, McIlroy's $100 Million Deal, PXG's New Wedges". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-11-07.
- "TaylorMade Golf sold for $425 million to KPS Capital Partners LP".
- Inglis, Martin (October 9, 2017). "Sergio Garcia announces shock split from TaylorMade". bunkered.
- Sorkin, Andrew Ross; Karaian, Jason; Merced, Michael J. de la; Hirsch, Lauren; Livni, Ephrat (2021-02-02). "How to Fix the Markets". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2021-09-08.
- "Centroid Investment Partners to Acquire TaylorMade Golf Company, Inc". www.businesswire.com. 2021-05-11. Retrieved 2021-09-08.
- "Korea's Centroid Investment to name strategic partners next week - Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea". pulsenews.co.kr (in Korean). Retrieved 2021-09-08.
- "Team TaylorMade | TaylorMade Golf". www.taylormadegolf.com.