Armstrong at the 2012 GQ Men of the Year Awards
|Born||Shana Lynette Hughes
June 10, 1971
Independence, Kansas, United States
|Residence||Beverly Hills, California, United States|
|Other names||Shana Taylor, Shana Ford, Taylor Ford|
|Occupation||Television personality, philanthropist|
|Known for||The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills|
Taylor Armstrong (born Shana Lynette Hughes on June 10, 1971) is an American television personality, memoirist and philanthropist. She appeared on the reality show The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
Taylor was born in Independence, Kansas, on June 10, 1971. She was a cheerleader at Union High School in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and graduated in 1989 with the name Shana Hughes. It has been reported that she changed her first and last name multiple times between high school and moving to California.
Armstrong's first major television appearance was on the Bravo TV series The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills in 2010 while married to former venture capitalist Russell Armstrong. During the series, other cast members brought to light the couple's alleged money troubles and claims of spousal abuse. After the truth about their marriage came out, Russell took his own life and was found by his landlord and Taylor on August 15, 2011. That September, Taylor said that she had suffered severe physical abuse during her marriage.
Armstrong's memoir, Hiding from Reality: My Story of Love, Loss, and Finding the Courage Within, was released February 7, 2012.
She supports the 1736 Family Crisis Center, a non-profit organization based in Los Angeles which helps victims of domestic abuse. In 2012, she held a fundraiser for them. Additionally, she has created a bracelet designed by ZenJewelz by ZenJen to fundraise for them. She has also promoted the organization on Entertainment Tonight, an American television program.
She married Russell Armstrong in 2005; their daughter Kennedy Caroline was born in 2006. In 2011, she filed for divorce, accusing her husband of domestic violence. She claims she had a titanium mesh implant required to support her right eye because of damage he caused when assaulting her. He committed suicide shortly after.
|2008||The Hills||Herself||1 Episode (While Lauren's Away...)|
|2010–2016||The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills||Herself||Main Cast (Season 1–3), Guest (Season 4–6)|
|2014||Couples Therapy||Herself||Season 4 Only|
- "Taylor Armstrong Biography". Us Weekly. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- Poole, Tiffany M. (April 6, 2012). "Beverly Hills 'Housewife' Taylor Armstrong returns to Oklahoma". The Oklahoman. Retrieved June 5, 2015.
- "Husband of Tulsa native and 'Real Housewives' star dies". Tulsa World. August 16, 2011. Retrieved January 2, 2015.
- Yvonne Villarreal, "Taylor Armstrong's search for safety". Los Angeles Times. February 14, 2012.
- "Taylor Armstrong, My Story". taylorarmstrong.com. Retrieved September 24, 2011.
- Magrath, Andrea (September 14, 2011). "'Taylor WAS abused by Russell Armstrong, and it was not the first time'". Daily Mail. Retrieved September 24, 2011.
- Taylor Armstrong (February 7, 2012). Hiding from Reality: My Story of Love, Loss, and Finding the Courage Within. Gallery Books. ISBN 1451677715.
- Pride, Ann (March 12, 2012). "A cause close to her heart: Taylor Armstrong and fellow Housewives team up to support battered women and children". Daily Mail.
- "1736 Family Crisis Center: Support 1736 Family Crisis Center by buying a ZenJewelz Bracelet".
- "Taylor Armstrong Denies Russell's Sister's Claims That Abuse Never Happened On 'Watch What Happens Live'". The Huffington Post. February 8, 2012.
- "Taylor Armstrong Marries John Bluher". People. April 4, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Taylor Armstrong.|