Taylor Lake Village, Texas
Taylor Lake Village, Texas
|• Total||1.31 sq mi (3.39 km2)|
|• Land||1.12 sq mi (2.90 km2)|
|• Water||0.19 sq mi (0.48 km2)|
|Elevation||3 ft (1 m)|
|• Density||3,185.55/sq mi (1,229.47/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1377175|
Taylor Lake Village is located at (29.574216, –95.055327).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 1.3 square miles (3.4 km2), of which 1.1 square miles (2.9 km2) is land and 0.19 square miles (0.5 km2), or 14.10%, is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
|Black or African American (NH)||89||2.4%|
|Native American or Alaska Native (NH)||14||0.38%|
|Pacific Islander (NH)||1||0.03%|
|Some Other Race (NH)||12||0.32%|
|Hispanic or Latino||365||9.85%|
As of the 2020 United States census, there were 3,704 people, 1,314 households, and 1,164 families residing in the city.
At the census of 2000, there were 3,694 people, 1,341 households, and 1,177 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,974.2 people per square mile (1,150.2/km2). There were 1,364 housing units at an average density of 1,098.2/sq mi (424.7/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 92.39% White, 2.71% African American, 0.49% Native American, 2.06% Asian, 0.14% Pacific Islander, 1.03% from other races, and 1.19% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.57% of the population.
There were 1,341 households, out of which 36.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 80.8% were married couples living together, 5.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 12.2% were non-families. 11.0% of all households were made up of individuals, and 5.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.75 and the average family size was 2.96.
In the city, the population was spread out, with 25.6% under the age of 18, 4.3% from 18 to 24, 22.7% from 25 to 44, 34.2% from 45 to 64, and 13.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 44 years. For every 100 females, there were 97.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 95.2 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $99,535, and the median income for a family was $102,873. Males had a median income of $83,358 versus $48,500 for females. The per capita income for the city was $43,936. About 0.4% of families and 1.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.4% of those under age 18 and 1.1% of those age 65 or over.
Government and infrastructure
The Lakeview Police Department serves Taylor Lake Village and El Lago. In 1986 the two cities decided to merge their police departments. The merger was finished in January 1987. The administration is in El Lago.
Harris Health System (formerly Harris County Hospital District) designated Strawberry Health Center in Pasadena for ZIP code 77586. The nearest public hospital is Ben Taub General Hospital in the Texas Medical Center.
Pupils in Taylor Lake Village attend schools in Clear Creek Independent School District. The community is within the Board of Trustees District 1, represented by Robert Allan Davee as of 2008.
Almost all of Taylor Lake Village is zoned to Robinson Elementary School in Pasadena, near Taylor Lake Village. A small portion is zoned to Ed White Elementary School in El Lago. All of the city is zoned to Seabrook Intermediate School (Seabrook), and Clear Falls High School (League City).
Taylor Lake Village has a 40-acre (16 ha) community park, located at 500 Kirby Boulevard, behind City Hall. The park includes athletic fields, a jogging track, a fishing pier, a picnic pavilion, and playgrounds.
Harris County Precinct 2 operates the Bay Area Community Center at 5002 NASA Road 1 in nearby Pasadena.
- "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved August 7, 2020.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Taylor Lake Village city, Texas". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved June 26, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Taylor Lake Village city, Texas". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved June 26, 2012.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "Explore Census Data". data.census.gov. Retrieved 2022-05-23.
- https://www.census.gov/[not specific enough to verify]
- "About the Hispanic Population and its Origin". www.census.gov. Retrieved 18 May 2022.
- "Home." Lakeview Police Department. Retrieved on March 18, 2014.
- "Contact Information." Lakeview Police Department. Retrieved on March 18, 2014. "ADMINISTRATION: 98 Lakeshore Drive El Lago, Texas 77586"
- "Clinic/Emergency/Registration Center Directory By ZIP Code". Harris County Hospital District. 2001-11-19. Archived from the original on 2001-11-19. Retrieved 2021-04-08. - See ZIP code 77586. See this map for relevant ZIP code.
- District 1 Map Archived 2009-02-27 at the Wayback Machine. Clear Creek Independent School District. Retrieved on December 6, 2008.
- "School Board Members: Bios and Contact Information Archived 2008-12-05 at the Wayback Machine." Clear Creek Independent School District. Retrieved on December 6, 2008.
- Robinson Elementary School attendance zone." Clear Creek Independent School District. Retrieved on December 31, 2016.
- White Elementary School attendance zone." Clear Creek Independent School District. Retrieved on December 31, 2016.
- Seabrook Intermediate attendance zone. Clear Creek Independent School District. Retrieved on December 31, 2016.
- Clear Falls High attendance zone. Clear Creek Independent School District. Retrieved on December 31, 2016.
- "Clear Creek High School Boundary." Clear Creek Independent School District. Retrieved on December 6, 2008.
- New elementary boundaries in 2006-2007. Clear Creek Independent School District. Retrieved on December 31, 2016.
- 2005-2006 Bay elementary zone. Clear Creek Independent School District. Retrieved on December 31, 2016.
- 2005-2006 White elementary zone. Clear Creek Independent School District. Retrieved on December 31, 2016.
- "Sec. 130.174. COLLEGE OF THE MAINLAND DISTRICT SERVICE AREA. Sec. 130.197. SAN JACINTO COLLEGE DISTRICT SERVICE AREA".
- "City Parks and Recreation." City of Taylor Lake Village. Retrieved on March 18, 2014.
- "Bay Area Community Center Archived 2007-09-27 at the Wayback Machine." Harris County, Texas. Retrieved on December 6, 2008.