Taylor Landing, Texas
|• Total||1.06 sq mi (2.74 km2)|
|• Land||1.05 sq mi (2.72 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.02 km2)|
|Elevation||7 ft (2 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||228.79/sq mi (88.35/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||2078998|
The city, formerly part of Port Arthur's extraterritorial jurisdiction, voted to incorporate in an election held on September 10, 2005. A total of 124 votes were cast, 80 (64.5%) in favor of incorporation and 44 (35.5%) against.
Taylor Landing is part of the Beaumont–Port Arthur metropolitan area.
Despite being formerly part of Port Arthur’s extraterritorial jurisdiction, residents have a Beaumont, Texas address.
Taylor Landing is located near the geographic center of Jefferson County at Port Arthur in Jefferson County. Texas State Highway 73 forms the southern boundary of the city, leading east to Port Arthur and west 15 miles (24 km) to Winnie.(29.862220, –94.131081), 13 miles (21 km) west of
The Taylor Landing city government consists of a mayor and two commissioners. The mayor and commissioners serve two-year terms. The terms are staggered to prevent all commissioners from being replaced at one time. A sub-committee of the City Commission, the Public Works Committee, is responsible for operations of the city's public utility systems and streets. The committee consists of a public works director and four members all appointed by the City Commission. A City Clerk is appointed by the commission and is responsible for city financial and administrative activities. All elected and appointed officials serve without pay.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
Public education in the city of Taylor Landing is provided by the Hamshire-Fannett Independent School District.
- "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved August 7, 2020.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Taylor Landing, Texas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". United States Census Bureau. May 24, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001): Taylor Landing city, Texas". American Factfinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on February 13, 2020. Retrieved December 13, 2018.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.