December 21, 1990|
|Alma mater||University of Michigan|
Taylor Elizabeth Louderman (born December 21, 1990) is an American actress, singer, and dancer.
Louderman is perhaps best known for originating the role of Regina George in the Broadway musical Mean Girls, a performance for which she was nominated for the 2018 Tony Award for Best Actress in a Musical. Her additional stage credits include the role of Lauren in Kinky Boots, as well as originating the role of Campbell in Bring It On. Louderman also appeared as Wendy in NBC's 2014 live production of the musical Peter Pan.
Born in Madison, Wisconsin, Louderman lived in the Chicago and Decatur, Illinois, areas before her family moved to Bourbon, Missouri, a small town 60 miles southwest of St. Louis. She is the daughter of Roger and Suzanne Louderman and has four younger sisters, named Hannah, Olivia, Morgan and Madison. At the age of 10 she was cast in the title role of Annie at Ozark Actors Theatre, in Rolla, Missouri. She grew up appearing in stage productions in the Saint Louis region; after her sophomore year at the University of Michigan, she appeared as Margot, one of the sorority sisters, in Legally Blonde at The Muny. It was while appearing in that production that she learned she'd been cast as the lead role of Campbell in the touring production of Bring It On: The Musical. Bring It On transferred to Broadway in 2012 with the same tour cast, including Louderman, making her Broadway debut.
Social media presence
Louderman, along with costar Ashley Park, has a large presence on social media. She and Park keep their fans updated on their Instagram stories, featuring a variety of backstage antics such as an ongoing series deemed, "Broadway Scares." Louderman also has a recurring segment called "Louderman Lingo" on the Mean Girls YouTube series, "Too Grool For School."[original research?]
|2008||Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat||Ensemble||The Robert G. Reim Theatre||Regional|
|2009||Alice in Wonderland||Rose|
|2010||Beauty and the Beast||Ensemble||The Muny|
|2011–12||Bring It On||Campbell||N/A||Pre-Broadway National Tour|
|2012||St. James Theatre||Broadway|
|2013||Footloose||Ariel Moore||Kansas City Starlight Theatre||Regional|
|2014||Grease||Sandy Dumbrowski||Paper Mill Playhouse|
|2015||Hairspray||Amber Von Tussle||The Muny|
|Gigantic||Ashley Penrod||Vineyard Theatre||Off-Broadway|
|2016||Ride the Cyclone||Ocean||MCC Theater|
|2017||Kinky Boots||Lauren (replacement)||Al Hirschfeld Theatre||Broadway|
|Hollywood Nurses||Nurse Jenny Tyler||Playwrights Horizons' Mainstage Theatre||Benefit Reading|
|Mean Girls||Regina George||National Theatre||Out-of-Town Tryout|
|2018||August Wilson Theatre||Broadway|
|2008||Shadowland||Obnoxious Girl #1|
|2014||Life of an Actress: The Musical||Jen|
|2014||Peter Pan Live!||Wendy Darling||Live television movie|
|2016||High Maintenance||Alexa||Episode: "Meth(od)"|
|2017||Sunny Day||Blair (voice)||13 episodes|
|2018||The Good Fight||Tara Strokes||Episode: "Day 492"|
|Saturday Night Live||Herself (uncredited)||Episode: "Tina Fey"|
Awards and nominations
|2013||The Fred & Adele Astaire Awards||Outstanding Female Dancer in a Broadway Show||Bring It On||Nominated|
|2018||Tony Award||Best Actress in a Musical||Mean Girls||Nominated|
|Drama League Award||Distinguished Performance||Nominated|
|Outer Critics Circle Award||Outstanding Actress in a Musical||Nominated|
|Broadway.com Audience Awards||Favorite Diva Performance||Won|
- 2012: Bring It On: The Musical (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
- 2012: Broadway's Carols for a Cure, Volume 14
- 2014: Peter Pan Live! (Soundtrack from the NBC television event)
- 2015: Life of an Actress: The Musical (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
- 2018: Mean Girls (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
- "Taylor Louderman – Playbill". Playbill. Retrieved May 13, 2016.
- "Biography for Taylor Louderman". IMDB. Retrieved May 12, 2016.
- Highfill, Samantha (September 22, 2014). "'Peter Pan Live!' casts its Wendy and Tiger Lily". Inside TV. EW.com. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Star Files: Taylor Louderman". Broadway.com. Retrieved May 12, 2016.
- "Taylor Louderman returns to the Muny as a star". The Muny. Archived from the original on May 13, 2016. Retrieved May 12, 2016.
- Hetrick, Adam. " 'It's All Happening': Bring It On: The Musical Begins Broadway Run July 12" Archived July 15, 2012, at the Wayback Machine., Playbill.com, July 12, 2012
- "Taylor Louderman Theatre Credits". www.broadwayworld.com.
- "Taylor Louderman theatre profile". www.abouttheartists.com.
- Walsh, Katie (December 17, 2014). "Oh, what a struggle is 'Life of an Actress: The Musical'". Los Angeles Times.
- "Peter Pan Live! (TV Movie 2014)". IMDb.
- ""High Maintenance" Meth(od) (TV Episode 2016)". IMDb.
- "Sunny Day". IMDb.
- ""The Good Fight" Day 492 (TV Episode 2018)". IMDb.
- "Mean Girls - SNL". YouTube. May 19, 2018.
- Gioia, Michael (June 4, 2013). "Pippin and Motown Receive 2013 Astaire Awards". Playbill.
- "Tony Awards 2018: See the Full List of Nominees Here". Vogue. June 7, 2018.
- McPhee, Ryan (April 18, 2018). "Denzel Washington, Andrew Garfield, Laurie Metcalf Among 2018 Drama League Award Nominees". Playbill.
- McPhee, Ryan (2018-05-07). "'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child', 'My Fair Lady' Win Big at 2018 Outer Critics Circle Awards". Playbill.
- "Mean Girls Leads Broadway.com Audience Choice Award Winners; Ethan Slater, Hailey Kilgore Also Take Top Prizes". Broadway.com. 2018-05-16.
- Gans, Andrew (September 25, 2012). "Original Cast Recording of Bring It On Released Digitally Sept. 25". Playbill.
- "CAROLS FOR A CURE 2012: VOLUME 14: 2 CDs". Broadway Cares Online Store.
- "PETER PAN LIVE! Album Now Available on iTunes!". Broadway World. Wisdom Digital Media. December 15, 2014.
- Weatherby, Taylor (May 3, 2018). "'Mean Girls' Musical Unveils Latest Track From Cast Recording Album, 'Apex Predator': Listen". Billboard.