|Born||Taylor Marie Roberts|
|Occupation||Actress, Poet, Creative Director|
|Years active||2003–2005, 2012-present|
Taylor Roberts is an American actress, poet, and founder of Porphyrogene Skincare. She is known for her roles as Rachel Clark on AMC's Turn: Washington's Spies and Camilla Barnes on Law and Order Criminal Intent.
Taylor was born to parents Gregory Roberts and Teresa Taylor, and was named Taylor after her mother's side of the family. The Bowman-Taylor family has a rich heritage in Virginia having first settled much of the land south of the James River. Her late grandfather was a cousin of actress Dame Elizabeth Taylor though they never met.
Soon after, Roberts tackled the challenging role of Emily, a mentally challenged savant, in Melissa Painter’s, Admissions. In the film Taylor gracefully fashioned the character based on research and work with savants in and around Los Angeles, including LA Goal. The film also starred Lauren Ambrose, Amy Madigan, Christopher Lloyd and John Savage.
More exposure came for Roberts as Camilla Barnes on Law & Order: Criminal Intent in the episode, Shrink-Wrapped. Proving her versatility she went against her young ingénue demeanor to play the surprise murderer alongside actors Vincent D’Onofrio, Margaret Colin, and Brent Spiner.
In addition to her time on set, Roberts participated in a series of staged readings of Al Pacino's, Betsy and Napoleon. She considers these readings a highlight of her early career, reading the lead role of Betsy, and working alongside Mr. Pacino, Patrice Chéreau, F.Murray Abraham, Scarlett Johansson, Carol Kane, Sam Rockwell, Eric Stoltz, and Bebe Neuwirth.
A hiatus from acting followed due to illness.
Eventually, Roberts returned to acting with television roles on Loiter Squad (2012), Killing Kennedy (2013), and is currently portraying Rachel Clark on the AMC drama series Turn (2014–present). Current projects include a starring role as Lady Macbeth in Angus Macfadyen's screen adaptation of Macbeth as well as future collaborations with longtime friend and director Josh Boone (director).
As a model Roberts has worked for various designers and photographers including ESPRIT, La Senza Swimwear, Orange County Bride Magazine, Mondo Guerra, Gordana Gehlhausen, Oddessy Barbu, and Dove Shore. She can be seen on the cover of the premiere issue of Relish Magazine (2011). Her commercial, "Club La Senza" for La Senza Swimwear was named one of the Sexiest Ads of 2011 by Coed Magazine and Adrants.
In May 2012 Roberts launched Porphyrogene Luxury Skincare as the owner and founder.
In 2012, Roberts published her first book. Bombshell Bohemia: Poetry from the Underground is a collection of poems chronicling Roberts' years as an actress and poet living in New York and Los Angeles. Within 24 hours the book reached Amazon's Top 100 Best Sellers in Poetry.
Formerly an accomplished ballet dancer Taylor came of age in the highly disciplined dance field, performing with such companies as Ballet Austin and the Royal Ballet and training at the prestigious Kirov Academy of Ballet.
She is a graduate of University of North Carolina School of the Arts where she studied Ballet and Drama.
- "Elizabeth Rosamond Taylor, Dame (1932 - 2011) - Genealogy". Geni.com. Retrieved 2012-04-12.
- "Taylor's Musings". Taylorsmusings.tumblr.com. Retrieved 2012-04-12.
- http://www.lagoal.org/index.shtml, Melissa Painter (2006)
- imdb.com Admissions film listing, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1264557/
- imdb.com listing (2012), http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1264557/
- "official website". Taylor Roberts. Retrieved 2012-04-12.
- Ned (2012-01-05). "Girls of 2011′s Sexiest Ads [PHOTOS + VIDEOS". COED Magazine. Retrieved 2012-04-12.
- porphyrogene press and website (2012), http://www.porpyrogene.com/
- "Bombshell Bohemia reaches Amazon's top 100 in just 24 hours! | Your Title". Bombshellbohemia.com. 2012-01-15. Retrieved 2012-04-12.
- Harding, Laura (April 19, 2012). "Bombshell Bohemia Escorts Us Into A "Graveyard of Buried Hearts"".
- Rosell, Rich (July 20, 2005). "Review for Melissa Painter's Admissions".