|Birth name||Taylor Elyse Tomlinson|
|Born||November 4, 1993|
Orange County, California, U.S.
|Notable works and roles||Quarter-Life Crisis|
Taylor Elyse Tomlinson (born November 4, 1993) is an American stand-up comedian.
Tomlinson was born in Orange County, California, and raised in Temecula, where she graduated from Temecula Valley High School. She was raised in a devout Christian family, which features heavily in her comedy routines. She began performing comedy in church at the age of 16, after her father signed them both up for a stand-up class.
Tomlinson built her career by performing in church basements, school venues, and coffee shops, eventually rising to become one of the youngest headliners on tour, with appearances on The Tonight Show, Conan, and Comedy Central. She became a top-ten finalist on the ninth season of NBC's Last Comic Standing in 2015, and was named one of the "Top 10 Comics to Watch" by Variety at the 2019 Just for Laughs Festival. She developed a sitcom for ABC in 2017, but it was not picked up for a pilot. Her debut Netflix appearance was a 15-minute set on an episode of the stand-up series The Comedy Lineup in 2018, and her own hour-long Netflix special, Quarter-Life Crisis, premiered in March 2020. She has toured with fellow comedian Whitney Cummings. In 2020 the two comedians started the comedy show Codependent Tour. Tomlinson is part of the podcast Self-helpless with stand-up comics Kelsey Cook and Delanie Fischer.
|2020||Taylor Tomlinson: Quarter-Life Crisis||Netflix|
- "The Birth of Taylor Elyse Tomlinson". California Birth Index. Retrieved April 2, 2020.
- Schulte, Stephanie (September 8, 2016). "How Temecula comedian, 22, went from church functions to hosting Fox's 'Laughs'". The Press-Enterprise. Temecula, California. Archived from the original on April 2, 2020.
- Hooper, Ben (March 3, 2020). "Taylor Tomlinson: Stand-up is 'the ultimate goal for everything'". UPI. Retrieved 7 March 2020.
- Escandon, Rosa (August 5, 2019). "25-Year-Old Taylor Tomlinson Travels For Her Comedy". Forbes. Retrieved 7 March 2020.
- Crowley, James (3 March 2020). "Comedian Taylor Tomlinson is wise beyond her years in new Netflix special, 'Quarter-Life Crisis'". Newsweek. Retrieved 7 March 2020.
- Zinoman, Jason (2 July 2018). "A Netflix Experiment Gives Deserving Comics Their 15 Minutes". The New York Times. Retrieved 8 March 2020.
- "Taylor Tomlinson: Quarter-Life Crisis". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved April 2, 2020.
- "Whitney Cummings on Instagram: "Pre-Sale code: CODA. WhitneyCummings.com. Friday 10/2 Escondido, CA Westfield Mall Saturday 10/3 Denver, CO Lincoln Park Thursday…"". Instagram. Retrieved 2020-09-03.
- "Self-Helpless". Self-Helpless. Retrieved 2020-09-03.