Taylor Township, Union County, Ohio
|Taylor Township, Union County, Ohio|
State Route 347 in Broadway
Location of Taylor Township in Union County
|• Total||26.6 sq mi (69.0 km2)|
|• Land||26.6 sq mi (69.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,001 ft (305 m)|
|• Density||54.2/sq mi (20.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087083|
Located in the center of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Claibourne Township - northeast
- Leesburg Township - east
- Paris Township - south
- Liberty Township - west
- York Township - northwest
Name and history
Taylor was the last township to be organized in Union County, on December 5, 1849.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Union County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- A.S. Mowry, C.E., Atlas of Union County, Ohio, Harris, Sutton & Hare, Philadelphia, 1877, Pg. 20.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.