Taylor Township, Union County, Ohio
|Taylor Township, Union County, Ohio|
State Route 347 in Broadway
Location of Taylor Township in Union County
|• Total||26.6 sq mi (69.0 km2)|
|• Land||26.6 sq mi (69.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,001 ft (305 m)|
|• Density||54.2/sq mi (20.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087083|
Located in the center of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Claibourne Township - northeast
- Leesburg Township - east
- Paris Township - south
- Liberty Township - west
- York Township - northwest
Name and history
Taylor was the last township to be organized in Union County, on December 5, 1849.
The township is administered by a three-member Board of Trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after a presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also a township Fiscal Officer, who is elected in November of the year before a presidential election and serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election. Trustee and Fiscal Officer vacancies are filled through appointment by the remaining trustees.
For 2016, the elected officials are:
- Dennis Schertzer, Trustee and Chairman of the Board
- Scott Weeks, Trustee
- Bob Kroshefsky, Trustee
- Tina Marshall, Fiscal Officer
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Union County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- A.S. Mowry, C.E., Atlas of Union County, Ohio, Harris, Sutton & Hare, Philadelphia, 1877, Pg. 20.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.