Dr. Taylor Wallace
|Residence||Washington, D.C., U.S.|
|Alma mater||University of Ohio (PhD, MS)
University of Kentucky (BS)
|Occupation||Food Science and Nutrition, Author|
Taylor C. Wallace, PhD, FACN, is an American food science and nutrition expert. Dr. Wallace is the Principal Consultant at the Think Healthy Group and an Affiliate Professor in the Department of Nutrition and Food Studies at George Mason University. He operates the popular blog Dr. Taylor Wallace - Food & Nutrition Blog and has previously served in senior staff positions at The National Osteoporosis Foundation, National Bone Health Alliance, and Council for Responsible Nutrition.
Dr. Wallace received his PhD and MS in Food Science and Nutrition from The Ohio State University and a BS in Food Science and Technology from the University of Kentucky. Dr. Wallace is a former Trustee and Treasurer of Feeding Tomorrow, the Foundation of the Institute of Food Technologists. He is a fellow of the American College of Nutrition, a member of the Editorial Board for the Journal of the American College of Nutrition, and has received numerous awards in the fields of food science and nutrition.
Dr. Wallace is the author of over 20 peer-reviewed publications and editor of the textbooks Anthocyanins in Health and Disease Prevention, Dietary Supplement Regulations in the U.S., and Dietary Supplements in Health Promotion. Dr. Wallace is a member of the American College of Nutrition, American Society for Nutrition, American Society for Bone and Mineral Research, Institute of Food Technologists, and Phi Tau Sigma Honor Society for Food and Science and Technology.
Dr. Wallace manages the popular food and nutrition blog (www.drtaylorwallace.com), where he gives mainstream advice on emerging scientific issues related to nutrition, food technology and food safety.
Books and Publications
- Wallace TC. Dietary Supplements in Health Promotion. Wallace TC (ed.). New York, NY: CRC Press; 2014.
- Wallace TC, MacKay D, Al-Mondhiry R, Nguyen H, Griffiths J. Dietary Supplement Regulations in the U.S. Wallace TC, MacKay D, Al-Mondhiry R, Nguyen H, Griffiths J (ed.). Cham, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing; 2014
- Wallace TC, Giusti MM. Anthocyanins in Health and Disease Prevention. Wallace TC and Giusti MM (ed.). New York, NY: CRC Press; 2013.
- "NOF Hires Taylor C. Wallace, PhD, CFS, FACN, to Lead its Scientific, Legislative and Policy Programs". National Osteoporosis Foundation.
- "National Bone Health Alliance (NBHA) Staff". National Bone Health Alliance (NBHA).
- "Taylor Wallace succeeds Andrew Shao at CRN". Drug Store News.
- "Feeding Tomorrow Board of Trustees". Feeding Tomorrow.
- "Journal of the American College of Nutrition". Taylor & Francis Online.
- Wallace, Taylor (2013). Anthocyanins in Health and Disease. CRC Press. ISBN 9781439894712.
- "Phi Tau Sigma Newsletter" (PDF). Phi Tau Sigma.
- Wallace, Tayor (2013). Dietary Supplement Regulation in the United States. Springer International Publishing. ISBN 978-3-319-01501-9.
- Wallace, Tayor (2013). Anthocyanins in Health and Disease. CRC Press. ISBN 9781439894712.