Williams with the Brewers in 2019
|Born: July 21, 1991|
|September 6, 2017, for the Milwaukee Brewers|
|MLB statistics |
(through September 29, 2019)
|Earned run average||5.23|
Williams attended Camas High School in Camas, Washington. He played for the school's baseball team, and graduated in 2010. Camas reached the state championship game in 2010. He won the most valuable player trophy at an all-state series.
Williams enrolled at Washington State University, and played college baseball for the Washington State Cougars baseball team in his freshman year. Discontented with Washington State, he transferred to Mount Hood Community College, a junior college. He then played collegiate summer baseball for the Keene Swamp Bats of the New England Collegiate Baseball League, where he had three members of the Kent State Golden Flashes baseball team as his teammates. Based on their recommendations, he transferred to Kent State University to play for the Golden Flashes. With the Golden Flashes, Williams pitched to a 10-1 win–loss record with a 2.47 earned run average and 110 strikeouts. He was named to the Mid-American Conference's first-team.
After signing, the Brewers assigned Williams to the Helena Brewers of the Rookie-level Pioneer League. In 12 games (six starts) for Helena, he was 3-1 with a 4.25 ERA. He began 2014 with the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers of the Class A Midwest League before being promoted to the Brevard County Manatees of the Class A-Advanced Florida State League. In 27 games (17 starts) between the two teams, he pitched to a 9-3 record and 2.72 ERA. Williams missed the 2015 and 2016 seasons while recovering from Tommy John surgery.
The Brewers added Williams to their 40-man roster following the 2016 season. He played for the Biloxi Shuckers of the Class AA Southern League in 2017 where he compiled a 0-2 record and 3.09 ERA in 22 games (14 starts).
Williams was recalled from Biloxi on September 1, 2017, and he made his major league debut on September 6. In 4.2 innings pitched for Milwaukee, he compiled a 1.93 ERA. In 2018, Williams began the season with the Colorado Springs Sky Sox and was recalled by Milwaukee on April 8.
- "Camas' Taylor Williams gets the call by the Milwaukee Brewers". Camas-Washougal Post-Record. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- The Columbian (June 7, 2013). "Brewers select Camas graduate in fourth round". The Columbian. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "Williams reigns at senior classic". Camas-Washougal Post-Record. Archived from the original on December 3, 2014. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- Ryan Lewis. "Kent State baseball: Taylor Williams has come a long way to become ace for Flashes and possible draft choice". www.ohio.com. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "Brewers add college righty Williams in fourth round". Milwaukee Brewers. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "Kent State pitchers Tyler Skulina, Taylor Williams go in 4th round of MLB Draft". The Record Courier. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "Milwaukee Brewers prospect Taylor Williams strikes out career-high 11 over seven one-hit innings for Wisconsin Timber Rattlers - MiLB.com News - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "Notes: Taylor Williams makes his major-league debut against Reds". Jsonline.com. May 16, 2017. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- McCalvy, Adam (January 20, 2016). "Brewers' Brinson, Hader added to 40-man roster | MLB.com". M.brewers.mlb.com. Retrieved September 7, 2017.
- "Taylor Williams Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved May 25, 2018.