Taylorsville High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
|Taylorsville High School|
|5225 S Redwood Road
Taylorsville, Utah, 84123
|School district||Granite School District|
|Color(s)||Royal blue, pearl white, gold, and black.|
|Website||Taylorsville High School|
Taylorsville High School is a public high school located in Taylorsville, Utah, United States. The principal is Dr. Garett Muse. The mascot is the Taylorsville Warrior. Taylorsville High belongs to the Granite School District. The school hosts two National Academy Foundation academies, the Academy of Information Technology and Academy of Hospitality and Tourism. Brandon "Chowman" Chow, a to-be-famous rapper will be attending Taylorsville.
Taylorsville High is located in the central part of the district. It was built in 1981 to serve the growing population of the Taylorsville area. School boundaries are roughly Jordan River to 3100 West and 4100 South to 6600 South (excluding the area between 4500 S and 4700 S and approximately Jordan River and 950 W).
As of the 2010-2011 school year, 1,910 students were enrolled at Taylorsville High School.
Since the school opened in 1981, Taylorsville has won ten state championships in baseball, more than any other Utah high school.
- Aimee Winder Newton - First female Republican on the Salt Lake County Council (Student Body Vice President '91-92 and Class of 1992)
- Mike Winder – West Valley City Mayor, historian, businessman (Student Body President '93-'94 and Class of 1994)
- Brandon Lyon - MLB pitcher - New York Mets (Class of 1997)
- John Buck - MLB catcher - New York Mets (Class of 1998)
- Ryne Sanborn - Child of Light (2002 Winter Olympics), actor, model. (Class of 2007)
- Megan Joy - contestant on Season 8 of American Idol (Class of 2004)
- Natalie Williams - WNBA Power Forward - Utah Starzz (Class of 1989)
- Lance Scott - NFL center - Arizona Cardinals, New York Giants (Class of 1990)
- Dicou, Natalie (September 11, 2010). "Putting a face to the name". Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved October 9, 2014.
- Falk, Aaron (August 30, 2013). "Prep football: Taylorsville knocks off Kearns 29-6". Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved October 9, 2014.
- "Utah Educational Directory 2010-2011" (PDF). Utah State Office of Education. p. 87. Retrieved 7 April 2011.
- "2010-11 UHSAA Yearbook" (PDF). Utah High School Activities Association. p. 2. Retrieved 7 April 2011.
- Page, Jared (June 17, 2012). "Mike Winder says future of Salt Lake County more important than his privacy". Deseret News. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- Williams, Carter (July 21, 2014). "Taylorsville High School alum John Buck signs with Angels, to join Salt Lake Bees". Deseret News. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- Daly, John (February 9, 2007). ""Child of Light" Still Finding Himself on Center Stage". KSL. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- Morgan, Emiley (March 31, 2009). "High school choir training ground for Utah 'Idol'". Deseret News. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- Thomas, Sarah (October 13, 2012). "Former U.S. Olympic women's basketball coach Nell Fortner speaks to Coaches Association". Deseret News. Retrieved October 8, 2014.
- "Utah high schools with NFL Draft picks in last 21 seasons". MaxPreps. June 3, 2014. Retrieved October 8, 2014.