Taylorville Township, Christian County, Illinois
Location in Christian County
Christian County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 7, 1865|
|• Total||42.86 sq mi (111.0 km2)|
|• Land||42.56 sq mi (110.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2) 0.70%|
|Elevation||604 ft (184 m)|
|• Density||293.3/sq mi (113.2/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62531, 62540, 62568|
|GNIS feature ID||0429827|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 42.86 square miles (111.0 km2), of which 42.56 square miles (110.2 km2) (or 99.30%) is land and 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2) (or 0.70%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Taylorville (northern portion)
- Langleyville at
The township contains these four cemeteries: Glen Haven Memorial Gardens, Langley, Oak Hill and Young.
Airports and landing strips
- Taylorville Municipal Airport
- Edinburg Community Unit School District 4
- Taylorville Community Unit School District 3
- State House District 87
- State House District 98
- State Senate District 44
- State Senate District 49
- "Taylorville Township, Christian County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
|South Fork Township||May Township|
|Bear Creek Township||Johnson Township|