|Date of birth||November 15, 1938|
|Place of birth||Savannah, Georgia|
|Date of death||September 26, 2016(aged 77)|
|Place of death||Atlanta, Georgia|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||220 lb (100 kg)|
|AFL draft||1960 / Round: Second Selections|
|Drafted by||Dallas Texans|
|NFL draft||1960 / Round: 7|
|1961–1964||St. Louis Cardinals|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Awards||1961 Cardinals Rookie of the Year|
Tazwell Leigh "Taz" Anderson Jr. (November 15, 1938 – September 26, 2016) was an American football player who played for the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets football team and professionally for the St. Louis Cardinals and the Atlanta Falcons. While at Georgia Tech, he was a member of the Chi Phi Fraternity. In 2005, he was elected to the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame.
After his professional sports career, Anderson became an Atlanta-area realtor, and owns TazMedia and Taz Anderson Realty. He helped create the Centennial Tower (a large olympic flame commemorating the 1996 Summer Olympics) next to The Varsity.
Anderson was also deeply involved with the Georgia Tech Athletic Association; for ten years, he was a trustee, and "has been [a] member of or chair of every major project for the Tech Athletic Association for the past 30 years." He organized and served as developer of the 1985 renovation of Alexander Memorial Coliseum. He died on September 26, 2016 at the age of 77.
- "Taz Anderson". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 2007-03-24.
- "Taz Anderson". Georgia Sports Hall of Fame. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2007-03-26.
- Not to be confused with the NFL Rookie of the Year Award.
- "Anderson, Gaston Represent Tech in Ga Sports Hall of Fame Class". theacc.com. 2005-09-26. Retrieved 2007-03-24.
- "Real Estate Team: Taz Anderson, Jr.". Taz Anderson Realty Company. Archived from the original on February 4, 2007. Retrieved 2007-03-24.
- Credeur, Mary Jane (2005-05-20). "Success after the cheering fades away". Atlanta Business Chronicle. Retrieved 2007-03-24.
- Dunn, John (Summer 1996). "Taz's Tower". Georgia Tech Alumni Magazine Online. Georgia Tech Alumni Association. Archived from the original on 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2007-03-24.
- Asher, Gene (November 2006). "Tech Support: Football great Taz Anderson now scores fund-raising dollars for his school instead of points.". Retrieved 2007-03-24.