Tbilisi State Medical University
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|თბილისის სახელმწიფო სამედიცინო უნივერსიტეტი|
|Motto||Latin: Per traditiones ad futurum|
|Rector||Prof. Zurab Vadachkoria|
Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) (Georgian: თბილისის სახელმწიფო სამედიცინო უნივერსიტეტი (თსსუ)) is a leading medical university in Tbilisi, Georgia. TSMU was founded as Tbilisi Medical Institute in 1918 and became the Faculty of Medicine within the Tbilisi State University (TSU) in 1930. Tbilisi State Medical Institute was renamed Tbilisi State Medical University in 1992. Since then, the University has operated as an independent educational institution.
Rankings and reputation
Tbilisi State Medical University is ranked 6279 by 4icu.org and 6427 by www.webometrics.info  TSMU became one of the high-ranking state-supported institutions of higher education in the whole Caucasus region.[when?] There are almost 5000 undergraduate and 203 postgraduate students at the University of whom 20% come from foreign countries.[which?] Tbilisi State Medical University has undergone Institutional Evaluation Programme, performed by Association of European.
- Rector - Prof. Zurab Vadachkoria
- Vice-rector - Prof. Kakhaber Chelidze
- Vice-rector - Prof. Rima Beriashvili
- Chancellor - Prof. Zurab Orjonikidze
- Head of Quality Assurance - Prof. Irine Kvatchadze
- Largest Medical University in Georgia, Caucasus and Eastern Europe
- Founded in 1918. Celebrating 90 years of existence
- Produced more than 40,000 Doctors
- Founder of Eastern European Medical Association
- Recognized/Listed by World Health Organization, Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, European Commission for Education, and World Federation of Medical Education.
- Member of International Association of Universities, European Universities Association.
- Signatory of Bologna Declaration - European Union Medical Syllabus
- Graduate, Post Graduate and Research Degrees are available in Surgical, Medical, Dental, Nursing and Pharmacy Fields.
- "Tbilisi State Medical University - Ranking & Review". 4icu.org. Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- "Search". webometrics.info. Retrieved 14 June 2015.