Tbilisi State Medical University
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
თბილისის სახელმწიფო სამედიცინო უნივერსიტეტი
|Motto||Latin: Per traditiones ad futurum|
|Rector||Prof. Zurab Vadachkoria|
Tbilisi State Medical University (TSMU) (Georgian: თბილისის სახელმწიფო სამედიცინო უნივერსიტეტი (თსსუ)) is a leading medical university in Tbilisi, Georgia. More than 85 years have passed since Tbilisi State Medical Institute was founded on the basis of the faculty of Medicine at Tbilisi State University (TSU). In 1992 Tbilisi State Medical Institute was renamed in Medical University.
Rankings and reputation
TSMU is the eight ranked (out of 55) higher-education institution in Georgia. There are almost 7500 undergraduate and 3000 postgraduate students at the University about 25% of whom come from foreign countries.[which?] Tbilisi State Medical University has undergone Institutional Evaluation Programme, performed by Association of European.
- Rector - Prof. Zurab Vadachkoria
- Chancellor - Prof. Zurab Orjonikidze
- Vice-rector - Prof. Rima Beriashvili
- Vice-rector - Prof. Khatuna Todadze
- Vice-rector - Prof. Irakli Kokhreidze
- Head of Quality Assurance - Prof. Irine Kvatchadze
- The largest medical university in Georgia and Eastern Europe.
- Founded in 1918.
- Produced more than 40,000 Doctors
- Founder of Eastern European Medical Association
- Recognized/Listed by World Health Organization, Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, European Commission for Education, and World Federation of Medical Education.
- Member of International Association of Universities, European Universities Association.
- Signatory of Bologna Declaration - European Union Medical Syllabus
- Graduate, Post Graduate and Research Degrees are available in Surgical, Medical, Dental, Nursing and Pharmacy Fields.
- "ТБИЛИССКИЙ МЕДИЦИНСКИЙ ИНСТИТУТ — Большая Медицинская Энциклопедия" [Tbilisi Medical Institute]. Большая Медицинская Энциклопедия (Great Medical Encyclopedia) (in Russian). Retrieved 2018-07-05.
- "Top Universities in Georgia". uniRank. 2018. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "Tbilisi State Medical University". Times Higher Education. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- Библиография: Тбилисский университет, 1918—1968 гг., Тбилиси, 1968
- Шенге-лия М. С. История медицины Грузии, М., 1967