TeST TST-14 Bonus
|Role||Glider and Motor glider|
|National origin||Czech Republic|
|Variants||TeST TST-14J BonusJet|
Design and development
The TST-14 is constructed from composite materials, with the forward-swept wing a ribless composite sandwich structure. Each wing weighs 40 kg (88 lb) and has a single spar made with a carbon fibre composite flange plate and a polyurethane foam/fibreglass composite web plate. Glidepath control is by upper surface air brakes made from aluminium. The motor glider version is powered by a retractable 50 hp (37 kW) Rotax 503UL two-stroke powerlant. Extension and retraction of the engine is fully automatic, controlled with two cockpit-mounted buttons and actuated by two electric servo motors. The landing gear consists of dual fuselage-mounted tandem mainwheels and wing tip-mounted wheels.
The aircraft was type certified to the Joint Aviation Authorities JAR 22 standard for gliders on 10 Dec 2001. The TST-14 was not certified in the United States as the company explains, "due to the expense involved". The aircraft can be registered with the US Federal Aviation Administration as a Special Light Sport Aircraft glider or in the Experimental - racing/exhibition category.
- TST-14 Bonus
- Pure glider version, with a gross weight of 472.5 kg (1,042 lb)
- Main production motor glider version, powered by a 50 hp (37 kW) Rotax 503UL two-stroke powerlant
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Length: 8.24 m (27 ft 0 in)
- Wingspan: 17 m (55 ft 9 in)
- Wing area: 12.01 m2 (129.3 sq ft)
- Aspect ratio: 24:1
- Empty weight: 280 kg (617 lb)
- Gross weight: 450 kg (992 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 36 litres (7.9 imp gal; 9.5 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 503UL two-stroke, twin cylinder inline aero engine, 37 kW (50 hp)
- Propellers: 2-bladed wooden
- Stall speed: 65 km/h (40 mph, 35 kn)
- Never exceed speed: 205 km/h (127 mph, 111 kn)
- g limits: +5.2/-2.6
- Maximum glide ratio: 40:1 at 115 km/h (71 mph; 62 kn)
- Rate of climb: 2.5 m/s (490 ft/min)
- Rate of sink: 0.65 m/s (128 ft/min) at 85 km/h (53 mph; 46 kn)
- Activate Media (2006). "TST-14M Bonus TeST, spol. s r.o." Archived from the original on 2 September 2012. Retrieved 28 August 2011.
- TeST Gliders (n.d.). "TST-14 Bonus". Retrieved 28 August 2011.
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 137. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- TeST Gliders (n.d.). "TST-14 Specifications". Retrieved 28 August 2011.
- TeST Gliders (n.d.). "FAQ". Retrieved 28 August 2011.
- TeST Gliders (10 Dec 2001). "TST-14 Type Design". Retrieved 28 August 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to TeST aircraft.|